Priceline Hotel: 4* DC (White House-Downtown) JW Marriott

Sammygirl
By Sammygirl,
in

Hello,

This is my first time posting/using this site (which is great by the way). FYI, I have done my homework first. In short, I'm hoping to land 2 rooms at the JW Marriott for 2 nights (6/25 to 6/27) and I have seen some of the recent results. I know there are no guarrentees that I will receive this hotel, but I'm pretty sure it will be one of only a few offered to me (in my zone and price range). I have a good understanding of how the "rebidding" process works but I was wondering if someone could give me some insight to where to start my bidding price. Also, are weekend stays usually better or worse as rates go? Is bidding closer to my date of need better or worse? These are some of the things I was thinking about.

I was considering starting at around $75-$80 and "rezoning/rebidding" my way up. Anyone have more thoughts on this....$5 increments? $3? what works best? At what point do I start to become a candidate for some of the higher priced awarded 4*s in that zone. Is there a pecking order for those 3 or 4, 4*s in that zone that anyone has figured out? I know, so many questions!

Thanks in advance for any and all of your help. I will of course, use the PRICELINE link on this site for my transaction.

:)

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

There are 6 "known" 4* properties in this zone (and possibly others not yet reported to the board. If you are only looking for this property, there is a definite risk that you could end up with something besides the JW. What would be your desired budget per night, and would you be okay with another 4* besides the JW?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

When I did a search I think I came up with about the same # of 4*s in that zone also. It appears to me that they can be placed in "somewhat" of a guessimated order based on their price offerings elsewhere. I realize this is not a perfect formula, but from my research it seemed that most of the recent successful bids (ones I've read about at least) seem to place the JW in the lower price teir of that zone for 4*s. My overall goal is to land a 4* in that zone at the lowest price possible and if that is the JW (based on it's location) it would be the icing on top. My thinking is the Willard, W, Hay-Adams and Sofitel would be on the higher bid offers of the 4*s in that zone, but I could be wrong and would be happy with any of those at my stated price range stategy.

Again, I was more courious if anyone had any insight to the other questions like: start range, increments, closer to stay date bidding and so on in reguards to getting the lowest price possible in that zone for a 4*.

Thanks again for your help. :)

Your stay is only a week away so i certainly think you're plenty close enough to begin bidding now.

There are so many factors (days of the week, length of stay, hotel direct rates, conference/events in town, hotel specific events, etc) which effect availability that I do think you're overgeneralizing 'guessing' the hotel you'll receive.

So that we don't suggest a strategy that goes higher then you're willing to bid, let us know your maximum bid for this stay and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]