Hotwire Hotel: 4* Cambridge ?

tostaky
By tostaky,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

This is a match for the Hotel Marlowe so that would be my best guess for this one. It's an excellent hotel which gets great reviews, but only represents about a $25/nite savings vs. a conventionally booked room, so that's something you'll need to decide is enough of a savings to use an 'opaque' provider.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your answer. I will continue looking to find a better deal, but what do you mean by ''conventionnal booking'' ? I've checked on the hotel website and the bette price i could find was 179$ per night.

For now the major thing i'm asking myself is wehere to stay. I'm coming to Boston by car is there a sector where i can find free parking and easy access to public transport ?

Can anyone find a good deal for me on those dates ?

...is there a sector where i can find free parking and easy access to public transport ?

You may be able to find a hotel which offers this... but not likely a complete zone. Parking in the main 'downtown' zones is going to cost money... in the outlying areas you may find some hotels which offer free parking, but these zones are larger (geographically) then Downtown and therefore you may not end up as close as you'd like to a T Station (and the hotel may or may not provide shuttle service)

First thing(s) you need to do is decide upon a target budget for this stay as well as what your goal(s) are... are you looking for the convenience and 'the city' experience and will do as best you can for paid parking... or are you willing to give up convenience for the least expensive option which gives you access to the city but a commute each way.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

As you don't know the hotel you will receive, you also don't know how much parking will cost. However, keep in mind that you don't necessarily need to park at the hotel as you can often find less expensive parking at a public lot somewhere near the hotel (or if you really don't want to spend the money further out and take the metro to/from your car and the hotel... once at the beginning of your trip and once at the end)

How much do you estimate parking will cost per nite (so you can deduct this from your $175 all-in budget). Wouldn't the first hotel asked about in this thread meet your criteria?

It's an excellent hotel which gets great reviews, but only represents about a $25/nite savings vs. a conventionally booked room, so that's something you'll need to decide is enough of a savings to use an 'opaque' provider.

i'm new here, what is the issue with the opaque comment ? is it somewhat embarrassing or something to use hotwire to save?

thanks

charter,

I didn't mean 'worthwhile' in an embarrassment sense, but the risks that come with an opaque purchase... not 100% certain of the hotel you will receive, non refundable, no assurance of bed type, etc.

Please read your messages, and if you'd like help with an upcoming stay please start a NEW TOPIC.

Thanks.

• 4 years later...

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision... sorry to hear the trip was canceled.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]