Spokane (GEG) to New York area (LGA, JFK, EWR)

CubsFan2011
By CubsFan2011,
in

Looking for a flight from Spokane (GEG) to the New York area (either JFK, LGA, or EWR).

Flight dates: Depart 7/28 (Thursday) and return 8/1 (Monday)

Best price I could find was $398 + $46 tax ($438 total) on Alaska Air. Other comparable flights hover around the same $450 price range (including taxes).

I have done many Priceline bids on hotels but never on flights, so I'm looking for some advice of how to get the best price.

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages and clicking this PRICELINE link. Then let us know how much of a discount you would need to make an opaque purchase worthwhile and we'll advise accordingly.

Also, since this is a short stay, are you ok with an itinerary which provided you with a very late deparature on Thursday and a very early return on Monday, essentially only giving you the weekend in NYC?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello,

I am ok with a late Thursday and early Monday (I have already added these days in as essentially "throw away" travel days... i.e. I only need to be in NYC Fri-Sun).

I would like to get the price for this flight below $300 if possible, and absolutely no more than 350 (otherwise I would rather choose the exact flights).

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

See this Priceline Airfare RE-Bidding thread (especially the 2nd post) which will give you an almost unlimited number of bidding opportunities. Given the $50 in taxes/fees this brings your $350 all-in maximum to ~$300.

I'd start at $150 and increase each bid by $10-$25 (more early on... less as you get close to $300) by adding re-bid locations.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us now how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]