Hotwire Hotel: One night stay

Pmajma
By Pmajma,
in

My wife, 10 year old daughter and I are going to stay in Chicago for the first time on June 21. We are going to go the Shedd and the Planetarium and would like to be right down there by them. Hotwire has a 3* for $78 in the Museum Campus-McCormick Place-Soldier Field area. The 3* in this area that the site lists is the Chicago South Loop Hotel. I would appreciate any thoughts anyone has on this deal or hotel?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

This property generally gets good reviews, but it is a bit far south of the 'main' Downtown area (and south in the Museum Campus-McCormick Place-Soldier Field zone too... whereas the Aquarium is near the northern part of the zone).

It looks to be about 1-2 miles from the hotel to the Aquarium/Planetarium, so if taking a cab it should probably be relatively inexpensive, but probably too far to walk. I'm sure AaronJB will be able to confirm and comment once he sees this thread.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Staying here and then taking a taxi to the museums would work okay but would not be an optimal choice. This property is pretty far South (the name of the hotel is the South Loop; I would absolutely not call label it as in or near the Loop area), and it's mainly something I would recommend for those who are looking to come to Chicago to go to McCormick Place nearby. There's not really much around this property and some patches of the South and West sides of the city are not great. It's more reasonable than downtown hotels and it does get pretty good reviews (on tripadvisor; yelp reviews are definitely more mixed), but again, not really an optimal location. I'd rather recommend staying in the Loop, especially if you plan to explore more of the city than the museums.

If you're driving in and are coming downtown just for the museums, you could stay at a nice/very nice property in the burbs for probably $40-55 and then drive downtown and if you get to the Adler Planetarium lot before 9:30a, the rate is $11 according to the website (and I would recommend going early either way.)

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]