Singapore Swissotel Stamford Marina Bay

Chris26WI
By Chris26WI,
in

Was very happy to get the Swissotel Stamford in Priceline, as I heared only good comments about that hotel before. And it was right, I had a nice stay here.

I emailed the hotel before to get an upgrade to a "Grand Room" (1.5 times larger than standard room) - for 40SG$++ surcharge -, but upon check-in they had a smoking Grand Room only on the 28th floor available (there's only one per floor). As I wanted to stay higher, they offered me an upgrade to an Executive Floor Room at 50$+++ extra per night (including the benefits for two) which I took (they even offered me a suite for 160SG$++ extra which I denied). Check-in was smooth though it took some time because we discussed a lot about the room types and upgrades offered. The hotel employee was very nice and took a lot of time for us. There is a waiting line installed, similar to the airport check-in desks, which seems necessary regarding the size of the hotel. However we didn't have to wait for check-in as there were 5 desks operating.

The room was on the 57th floor and had a nice view over the city center of Singapore (not Marina Bay, unfortunately). Size was ok, about 35sqm (same as Deluxe and Harbour View Rooms), and the decoration was very nice. Furniture quite new, and a small balcony. The bed was very comfortable, the TV a flatscreen (CRT) Philips with the usual international channels.

I especially liked the espresso machine which was provided (I assume only in Executive Floor rooms), a lot of different coffee "tabs" to put inside were provided (even decoffeinated ones). The bath room was very nice too though there was no separate shower cubicle, fitted with nice bath amenities and nicely designed.

The lounge on the 60th floor offered a nice view towards Marina Bay, but nothing really special. Drinks and snacks offered during the happy hours, but not really a lot of food.

The location is ok as there's a MRT station just below the hotel and the Raffles City shopping center next to the hotel (connected).

Allover, a very nice stay. I enjoyed it much more than the stay at the Marriott (which is a 5 star in PL).

For photos, have a look at: Photos Swissotel Stamford

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]