Hotwire Hotel: 5* hotels - separate beds - experiences?

jayjay47
By jayjay47,
in

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

If you are searching for 2 people, then there is a definite chance that you could get one bed and/or be charged to upgrade to a room with two beds, as there have been examples of users being charged (usually around the regular rate difference between rooms with one bed and two) to get a room w/2 beds. The hotel MAY be willing to work with you, but there's no way to know and there have been examples where Vegas properties have not - unfortunately, that is the risk. If you would like help trying to ID a listing, please let us know and we would be happy to help.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Given how bad Vegas is hurting, most hotels probably have 2-bed rooms available. It's pretty likely that you could get a 2-bed room by tipping the agent when you check into the room. I was successful at getting a complimentary upgrade to 2 beds at the Wynn last week, via the $20 trick (offering a $20 tip to the check-in agent when we arrived, while asking specifically for a room with 2 beds). Considering that many of the 5* places have a couch in their one-bed rooms, you might want to chance it, with the knowledge that you can probably get the upgrade via a reasonable tip. My $20 tip saved me a $30+ tax upsell charge per night on a 3-night stay, so basically, I tipped $20 instead of paying an extra $100. The fact that I had gotten the original room for an $86 Priceline bid, rather than the published rate of $199 did not in any way prevent my $20 tip from doing the trick to get the 2nd bed upgrade - we were also upgraded to a better floor as well. Check out the thread about the $20 trick for an extensive history of which hotels folks have been successful at getting complimentary upgrades for this sort of a tip upon checking in.

Looking at a 5* strip hotel, but I keep losing my bids (even though they're inline with those of the board);

Are there any 'safe' areas include to enable a rebid? i.e. a place without 5* hotels.

I know you guys can't be 100% sure, but maybe you can speak from experience?

I'm planning to stay from Fri - Wed.

From websites that show the price, I can see that Fri-Sat seems to be a popular weekend.

Rather than bidding Fri-Wed, does it make any sense for Fri-Sat (bid a higher rate), then Sun-Wed (bid low).

I.e. I'm wondering if bidding high for all the days OVERALL makes me pay more?

Obviously the catch is that I'd have to switch rooms/hotels.

Thoughts???

Go through and check the zones one by one to see witch ones have 5* hotels in them. Make sure you only have one zone checked at a time and write them down. You can bid all day long for 5* in Vegas!

For Re-Bidding see this thread: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

For rate change during your stay: SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID

Feel free to confirm your re-bid zones with the board and/or ask questions if you're still confused and need us to break it down further.

What are the dates of your stay? What bid amounts have you already made? What is your maximum bid?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]