Priceline Hotel: Need help STL 10/21-10/22

bigbone62
By bigbone62,
in

Im new here and not sure where to post for help with specific dates, I appologize if this is not the proper place. That said, I am looking for a hotel in the 3.5-4.0 star range in downtown St. Louis for October 21 and 22. I typically get The Crowne Plaza Downtown or Hyatt Regancy at the Arch for between $50-$65 when down. But this is the weekend of the Rock n Roll Marathon so Im assuming they jacked up prices. At any ate I have gone all the way up to $95 so far with no luck. Anyone had any luck for this weekend? if so what rating and cost? Thanks for the time!

...downtown St. Louis for October 21 and 22.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages. Then click this PRICELINE link and reply to this thread confirming if your check-out date is 10/22 or 10/23, we'll then have a look at your stay above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the help, I did all of the above as directed. We would be checking out on Sunday October 23. I have used your better bidding tips for several years now and had outstanding luck, but just not getting any for this trip. I think since there is a marathon going on that everything is face value. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks!

I have used your better bidding tips for several years now and had outstanding luck...
We're glad the site has been helpful, but i'll also add that it's disappointing that you haven't shared any of your previous wins with the board. :) Please begin to share your wins so that the information can help others, just as you have been helped by those who posted before you.

HOTWIRE currently has a 3.5* hotel in the Downtown zone for $61 with Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Internet and Laundry icons. As these amenities are somewhat common for a city hotel there are no guarantees, but the Crowne Plaza has previously been seen with this amenity set, so that would be my best guess for this one (although your PRICELINE rejections at the 3.5* level up to $95 opens the door for the possibility that this may be a different hotel, one which may be 3* rated by PRICELINE).

Is this offer of interest?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

I won on priceline the Millennium for $48 in downtown STL with a 3 star bid. I will add it to the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins. I've stayed there before, it is one of the closest hotels to the Arch and they do have an indoor pool and a terrace restaurant, if I recall.

Prior to this win, I had bid $55 on 3.5 stars and had no results so I lowered my request to 3 stars and I'm happy that I saved a few dollars after striking out on Hotels.com.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]