Priceline Hotel: Failed Bids 4* Seattle Downtown 3/30/12-4/2/12

smartlabelprint
By smartlabelprint,
in

After reading up at this site I decided to do an early bid attempt for a visit 3/29-4/2. I started out the bid with these dates. Bid #1 $50 rejected.

Bid #2 added Bothell, $55 rejected.

Bid #3 added Kirkland, $60 rejected.

Bid #4 added Lake Union, $65 rejected.

Bid #5 added Lynnwood, $70 rejected.

Bid #6 added Mukilteo, $75 rejected.

Bid #7 added N Everett, $80 rejected.

Bid #8 added Renton $85 rejected. This one I also changed the dates to 3/30-4/2 as I remembered I have some airline mile points to use.

Bid #9 added Airport $90 rejected. At this point my total bill for 3 nights will be a little over $300. My max is $345 so I'll hold out! Might try using Hotwire tomorrow. Never done that before.

Did Priceline before without knowledge. Ended up at the Westin, which creeped out fellow traveler because the buildings move with the wind (must be earthquake protection). Hope we don't end up there even though it is a plush hotel!

We might be able to get a convention discounted room somewhere also. At the very least I can book through them and try for a lower price closer to our trip dates.

Thanks for having this board in order for us to check out dates and such. I realize I had Univ left and Seattle Center (if I'd settle for Pan Pacific, which looks awesome but far away from convention center). So next time I might start my bids at $40/night. Even though obviously I doubt I'd get that!

(I went to PRICELINE through your link!) LOL

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You do have plenty of time, but i'm guessing you're probably not too far from a win either. If you change your maximum bid or need any help with a bidding strategy feel free to ask.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board for your purchases.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know how we can be of further help along the way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Bid #1 Seattle Pike $40 rejected.

Bid #2 added Bothell, $45 rejected.

Bid #3 added Kirkland, $50 rejected.

Bid #4 added Lake Union, $55 rejected.

Bid #5 added Lynnwood, $60 rejected.

Bid #6 added Mukilteo, $65 rejected.

Bid #7 added N Everett, $70 rejected.

Bid #8 added Renton $75 rejected.

Bid #9 added Airport $80 rejected.

Bid #10 added University $85 rejected.

I'm willing to pay $100 a night. However, this trip is far away and I just thought I'd try to get something lower since the process for Seattle downtown 4* is pretty fun anyway. =)

I might try again next month. Otherwise, closer to our stay!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]