Easy Click Travel vs Priceline/Hotwire

BEAV
By BEAV,
in

All too often I assume Priceline will be cheaper than Hotwire, and probably those two cheaper than Easy Click Travel.

My sister asked me to research a 5 night stay in Times Square, New York for July 18-23. I went as high as $200 on Priceline and was rejected. Hotwire wanted $225 for the 4.5 star Muse. A quick check of Easy Click Travel revealed I could purchase either the Marriott Marquis or Renaissance Times Square for $227 under their "off the record" system. Not being a great fan of Hilton, I didn't want to proceed any further w/Priceline, fearing a Hilton assignment for the same price range as I could purchase a Marriott property from Easy Click.

I've only had one other experience w/Easy Click and that was in Reno, NV where their price was the same as Hotwire's. In that scenario, Hotwire's purchase price was about $10 less than Easy Click, however by the time you added Hotwire's service charge, the end result was the same as Easy Click.

If Easy Click is that comparable to Priceline and/or Hotwire in other areas, I'd like to offer the suggestion that a forum be provided where we can post our Easy Click purchases. It would be great to compare Easy Click purchase prices as we already do Hotwire to Priceline.

The unmasking of most (if not all) of Easy Click's "off the record" hotels by our administrator is a great asset. The ability to purchase a hotel you're confident of the identity of for basically the same price as Priceline or Hotwire is invaluable.

however some will argue that the descriptions are oblivious

True, however personally I could care less how oblivious the descriptions may or not may be since our administrator has already done all the homework for us!

One other advantage in my own case of Easy Click vs Hotwire/Priceline is the fact that my Easy Click booking is fully refundable up until 72 hours prior to check-in.

Thereuare, I think listing Easy Click purchases similar to the Hotel Review fashion is fine.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]