TN Memphis Doubletree Downtown

mattzamboni
By mattzamboni,
in

I recently stayed at this property June 10-12. It is a 3* on Priceline.

The Positives: Lobby has been remodeled and looks nice. My room on the 9th floor was nice. It has been recently been remodeled with newer, modern furniture. The bathroom was also remodeled with granite countertops. The location was close to Beale Street, Peabody Center, and the Ball park. I had no problem with the staff the only contact I had was at check-in and check-out.

The Negatives: There was a uniformed security guard when I first arrived in the lobby. I never had experienced having that at a hotel. But I sooned realized it was to keep the general riff-raff out of the hotel as it is next to a Greyhound Bus Station. (My belief is that nothing ever good happens a a Greyhound Station.) The restaurant in the Hotel was a TGI Fridays. (Boring). It attracted thugs on Saturday night.

I realized that there are a lot of thugs hanging around the Peabody / Beale Street area trying to cop money off tourists. I visited Memphis and Beale Street in 2003 and I must say that it has changed. More Thugs and Beale Street has become very commercialized. I was irritated that most of the bars on Beale charged a cover, but soon realized it is a way to keep the Thugs out. Unfortunately they just hang out on the street.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]