Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (NMA-River North) W Lakeshore

zipruana
By zipruana,
in

The two main zones in Chicago - and the only city zones I would recommend - would be the Millennium Park-Loop-Grant Park zone and the River North-NMA zones.

The Millennium Park-Loop-Grant Park zone is closer to museums and does offer some shopping, but is less active later in the evening. The River North-NMA zones are further from the museums, but offer more in the way of shopping and nightlife.

Please let us know further details (desired star rating, budget, dates, etc) if you would like assistance with your stay.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Oh ok great. Thanks AaronJB.

I am visiting Chicago June 25th (Saturday) and 26th (Sunday), these should be easy nights to score decent properties on PRICELINE. I hope. I am expecting an awesome 4 * in the River North-NMA zone, under $100? Looking for great places to walk, be near water, good places for spectacular breakfast and amazing dinners, and maybe a nightclub to go dancing at.

Am I being realistic $ wise?

AND...... I always use...... this site's PRICELINE link to start my purchases. :-)

Update:

Inched my way up through 6 rebid zones up to $110.00 , no wins in the Millennium Park-Loop-Grant Park zone and the River North-NM zones.

It appears a bit part of this stay is restaurants and nightlife, which if correct, you may want to focus a bit more on the NMA zone vs. the Loop zone... but given you've already bid over your $100 goal, not sure how much budget wins out over convenience.

How high are you willing to bid for a 4* hotel for this stay? HOTWIRE does have what i'm guessing to the be the Hotel Felix or the Hotel Sax for your dates for $145/nite.

Let us know your current game plan and how you'd like to proceed.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks thereuare, with 6 free rebid zones for 4*, I am going to start with bidding the NMA zone and then with the last 3 rebid zones add the Loop zone. I will go as high as $145, if that fails, I will break up the nights and try for individual nights, don't mind moving around and experiencing different hotels. Historically sunday nights are usually a no-brainer, saturday nights a bit less easy.

Using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links are a must, if one enjoys the benefits of this $ saving message board !

Thanks thereuare, with 6 free rebid zones for 4*, I am going to start with bidding the NMA zone and then with the last 3 rebid zones add the Loop zone.

If i'm interpreting your strategy correctly, I think this could potentially cause you to overbid for a hotel in the Loop zone.

How high do you want to bid for a 4* hotel in the NMA zone before adding the Loop zone? How high are you ultimately willing for a hotel in either zone?

Thanks in advance for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I add the loop when I am around $110 for the NMA zone and then when I add the loop, I relower my bid to the $80 - 90 range and add bids of 90, $110 and $120 so as not to overbid for the loop.

I really don't want to pay more then $110 and only want to stay in 4* star hotels. Once you have gone 4 star you cant go back! I compromise my 4 * values when I am bidding in NYC though sometimes coz that place is wacked from time to time.

Scored for the Sunday. Not sure what to make of this win. Also not sure if this should be a new thread as a win.

W Hotel Lakeshore

North Michigan Ave - River North Area

644 North Lake Shore Drive

Chicago, Illinois 60611

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $90.00

Subtotal: $90.00

Taxes & Fees: $21.58

Total Charges*: $111.58

It is $199 on the W website so it looks like i saved $100. Thanks to Betterbidding and PRICELINE. Used the links of course!

Bid up to $135 for the NMA and Loop zone for just the Saturday, but no win!

Congrats on your success.

Really, really nice deal for this W property! I often recommend the Fox and Obel Market and Cafe, which is a few minutes walk S at the corner of Illinois and McClurg. This area near the lake is a bit of a stroll from Michigan Ave, but is a very nice area of the city.

Please post a new thread for the additional date and we would be happy to help! :)

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE link.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]