Priceline Hotel: 4* Honolulu (Waikik South) Marriott Beach

michael4435
By michael4435,
in

I'm trying to book a last minute hotel room at either the Hilton Hawaiian Village or Marriott Resort & Spa at Waikiki Beach for the Memorial Day weekend. I know -- good luck, right?!? Hehe.

Anyway, I'm fairly new to this board and to Priceline. Can I get some guidance as to what my bidding strategy should be? Or do you think that Hotwire is the better option at this point? Any help you can provide would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks in advance!!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You can't choose your specific hotel with either priceline or HOTWIRE. Are you willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star level you select or will you only accept the HILTON or the MARRIOTT?

Do you have a maximum bid in mind?

Let us know and we'll advise how to best proceed.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The HILTON is sold-out for your dates so that is not a likely outcome.

This how i would begin...

You have 2 re-bid zones available at the 4* level (if you're not sure which zones they are ask for help)....

Select 4* Waikiki South...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Waikiki South and re-bid zone2....

Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone1....

Bid $150.

I think your chances are much better in the South zone than in the North zone, but if the above fails report back and we'll suggest a strategy for the North zone... also let us know if something like the "Hawaii Prince" is satisfactory for you (although i don't think it's likely you'll be successful, it is a possibility in the North zone at the 4* so we ask)

Any questions feel free to ask. Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

uh-oh... I don't know what happened but...

I selected 4* Waikiki South and entered a bid of $130...

and they accepted it right of the bat!! what gives? :-)

Anyway, I got the Marriott Waikiki Beach And Spa for 4 nights from 5/24-5/28 (we had to tweak our travel dates because it was very last minute and these were the only dates which we could use frequent flier miles)...

thanks for all your help!

That seems like good news to me... not an "uh-oh".

Would you rather have been rejected? If you're concerned that this was an overbid i don't think it was. Although rates have come down since you first began this thread (which is why it's important to stay current) this is the "low going rate" we've seen from this property.

Thanks for the follow-up and enjoy your stay.

oh, no, not at all... I think it's a good price (the marriott website was offering $189 per night)...

I'm new to Priceline and assumed they always reject your first bid... I thought I did something wrong... but in the end, I'm happy with the winning bid...

Again, thanks for all your help! This board is a great resource!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]