Priceline Hotel: 4* Maui (Kaanapali - Lahaina) Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa

nycgaga
By nycgaga,
in

I am curious right now about bidding in the Poipu area on Priceline. I have stayed in Poipu before and am interested in bidding Priceline for the Hyatt.

For dates in mid-August, if I bid only Resort level in Poipu, do I have any chance at getting the Sheraton? My understanding is that the hotel is under renovation and may have been temporarily downgraded to a 3.5 star level on Priceline for this period. This seems like a good opportunity to go for the Hyatt, which is normally not really available through bidding Priceline because the Sheraton is cheaper than the Hyatt. Can anyone confirm that this strategy will work (i.e. if I bid for resorts in Poipu during this period I won't get the Sheraton)?

Is the Priceline star level through the visible price part of Priceline site the same as the star level for Name-Your-Own-Price for a given hotel?

As per the Priceline Hotel List the last 'known' rating for the Sheraton is 3.5*. Assuming this is the current/correct star rating, then you won't win this property when bidding 'Resort' in this zone.

What are the actual dates of your stay? What is your maximum bid for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Sheraton is a 3.5 star hotel on the normal price side of the PRICELINE site. Does that mean it must also be a 3.5 star on the Name-Your-Own-Price side?

They are now going to be reopening the hotel in phases, starting in mid-July. They had offered free breakfast during the renovation but have removed that. The hotel won't be fully re-opened until October, however. I was wondering if the hotel is 3.5-star on the visible side of the site (which it is, even for later dates), if it must also be on the Name-Your-Own-Price side.

I know that the Hyatt is available on Hotwire for the dates I want at $227/night. I was hoping to bid $150-175 for the Hyatt (but am not interested in staying at the Sheraton).

The star ratings are almost always identical between PRICELINE's retail and bidding service. I know of about two instances where they were not, and it was a matter that one side of the service was delayed in updating the downgrade of the property.

So it should the same, but no guarantees from us :) With this noted, i'd be comfortable bidding Resort and not getting the Sheraton if it was currently rated less.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Newbie,

I was just wondering if you tried going for "RESORT - Poipu-Koloa" for August 2011 with Priceline and if so, did you get the Grand Hyatt and for how much? It seems that it is currently the only resort in this area with Priceline. I am going to try the same strategy (hoping I don't get anything else!), but was just wondering if you had any success yet.

Thanks,

Puppy555

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the follow-up.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the date(s) of your stay so we can add this information to the topic title and enable your win to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing for the stay, even if you choose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]