Hotwire Hotel: 3* Savannah (Hilton Head Island) Holiday Inn Oceanfront

Kygolfer
By Kygolfer,
in

Thanks for this site, very helpful. I have had a trip planned for Hilton Head for the past 2 months as a suprise anniversary gift on the dates of June 19- 24. I started bidding on a resort in the middle of May and still have not had any luck. My budget really doesn't alow me to go over $115 a night and my wife has found out about the trip and has taken off for these dates. I looked at winning bids last year around this time and there were in the range of $60 - $100. I have one week left , is there a chance??? Should I go ahead and look for something somewhere else? There are three resorts still showing when you do a search for these dates. Thanks for the help.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Sorry to hear this has been a difficult bid for you to win.

I think you're close and another $5-$15 may be the difference between success and failure, but not sure just how firm your $115 budget is. If you're not able to increase at all, is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option? What about looking at HOTWIRE which has a 3* hotel for $98/nite with good reviews (i'm guessing its the Holiday Inn Oceanfront but if you're interested we can investigate further) What alternate destinations did you have in mind?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, I'm pretty sure the 3* for $97 is the Holiday Inn Oceanfront. We've stayed there. While it's not especially fancy, the beachfront location is wonderful and I hear the Tiki bar in season is really nice. (We were there in January.)

If you have a strict budget, this wouldn't be a bad choice. Otherwise, you might be able to go 4* by splitting your bid. The Crowne Plaza, for example, is probably nicer, but it's not beachfront.

Thanks for the replys. I have to admit I was hoping for the Westin as that is where we stayed on our honeymoon several years ago. The holiday inn oceanfront looks like the deal I may go with. The biggest thing was to be oceanfront and have a good pool area (kid) and this hotel looks to have both. I may bid a couple more days. I will let you know the result. Thanks!!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you'll be able to make this work for your needs this trip.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think you made a good decision. I checked the rack rates for those dates and they looked high. The Hilton and others were over $300 a night. The HIO is also walkable to some shops and restaurants.

Mention that it's your anniversary at some point and they may give you a slightly nicer room. It's not a given with a HOTWIRE room, but you never know.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]