Priceline Hotel: Ashland, OR bidding help

amyz
By amyz,
in

I have been trying to get a 2.5* hotel in Ashland, OR, hoping it would be Holiday Inn Express. Started with $50 and bid $59 and $69 today but could not get it. Hotwire shows two 3* hotels, one around $107. From the descriptions ist looks like HI. Because the other one had a golf sign and from what I have read, that must be La Quinta In. How much do you think I should bid? I thought maybe $79 but that seems a little too much for this hotel. But then again, everywhere else it is going for $131.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please include the actual dates of your stay and we'll have a look at your trip above.

Please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links before replying.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We have seen previous wins at this property as high are $79 and as you point out, with 'retail' rates at $131, a $69 bid price is just barely over half price... i'd work your way up towards $79/$80 (assuming the discount is still worth it to you) and then if rejected take a break from bidding for a few days since your stay is still over a month away.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Tried $79 and $82 and both failed. Priceline asked me to increase the rate by $20. Is there a way to to know if I'd get Holiday Inn or La Quinta Inn? If it will be Holiday Inn, I'd be OK but I don't want LQI. Maybe I should stop bidding.

With PRICELINE there is no way to know which hotel you will likely receive, you need to be able to accept any hotel in the zone. If you'd like to take a guess as to which hotel you may receive HOTWIRE is probably a better (although typically more expensive) option.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (or the links in our support page if you decide to book direct)

• 1 year later...

Thanks for closing this thread with your decision.

Please note from our Support Page that we have links to the Best Wetern as well as most other major hotel chins and online booking agencies. Please check for and use the links there for your hotel direct purchases whenever possible.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing for the stay, even if you choose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]