Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Mag Mile - Wacker Dr) Hyatt Regency

DDSeeker
By DDSeeker,
in

Amenities: Restaurant, Fitness, Business

Used savingsbarn.com link.

I booked this hotel on our family vacation (including 5 year old and 8 month old). Desperately needed a room with two beds, so hopefully I get one since I told Hotwire that there are 2 young-uns.

I noticed that Hotwire rates for Chicago were generally higher if I chose two adults and two children than if I chose two adults only (this was not true for the Hyatt). My inference is that most hotels have more availability for king beds than two-bed rooms. I feared I might get stuck with a king only if I bid through Priceline, though I did bid up to $57 for a 4* (both downtown zones), $50 for a 3* (both downtown zones), and $41 for a 2.5* (Millenium Park only) on Priceline for these dates.

Total was $198 for two nights. I will get the $30 Entertainment rebate, meaning an equivalent bid on Priceline would have been $70. I intentionally underbid on Priceline due to the potential undesirable outcome of getting a king only room. That had to cost something on Priceline, and for me, that was $13 / night.

Congratulations on your win and thank you for sharing your results with the board.

I assume this is still 4* rated? (i've marked it as such, but please let us know if this is not correct).

As i always advocate, it's not always about price, you have to use whatever service works best for your particular needs and weigh the costs/savings involved with each. The way you played this is exactly as i would have... put some sort of value on the 'bedding risk' and bid accordingly.

Thanks for using the SavingsBarn.com to start your purchcase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]