Hotwire Hotel: 3* San Francisco (Japantown-Civic Center North) Hotel Carlton

Tinabull
By Tinabull,
in

Looking for 2 rooms from November 13th - 16th (3 nights).

Preferably Union Square / Nob Hill / Finance District / Embarcadero/ SOMA areas. Not the Wharf.

Prefer 4* but happy to go down to 3.5* and ideally pay no more than $80 per night.

Are my expectations realistic? If so what strategy would you suggest? If not how much should I expect to go up to?

At the moment i'm guessing your budget won't be enough for a 4* but may be sufficient for a 3.5*.

Since the zones you've listed above are not by PRICELINE name, to confirm, all of the following are acceptable:

USW-Nob Hill

Financial District - Embarcadero

SOMA - Moscone Center

What about Union Square East??

Did you want to try for a 4* first up to your limit and then if rejected try for a 3.5*?

Let us know regarding the zones and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

$80 is probably too low for 4* but if you'd like to try you've got SIX rebid zones. Please ask if you need help determining your rebid zones.

I suggest selecting the four core downtown zones (USW, USE, SOMA, Embarcadero) and bidding $68 for 4*. Then raise $2 with each rebid zone, up to your $80 limit.

Please start your bids with this PRICELINE link and let us know how it goes. Good luck!

P.S. HOTWIRE has a 3.5* with 95% positive reviews in USW-Nob Hill for $83. It could be any of Adagio, Handlery, or Serrano.

Boutique, Smokefree, Fitness, Restaurant, Business, Highspeed

No luck today but I'll keep trying. We have time on our side.

However there is a 3 star showing up as follows:

Japantown/Civic Center

Boutique

High Speed Internet

85% positive reviews

Is this the Carlton? If so that has a very positive tripadvisor rating so for that price I could be tempted. Any thoughts on that as an alternative?

Tinabull - 3.5* are usually very nice but be aware that the FD/Emb areas has a 3.5* called Club Quarters. It is a hotel geared solidly towards business travelers. I have stayed there twice. It is perfectly nice, but the rooms can be small and many tourists do not fancy it.

It can often be had for a good price on the weekends, but if you're for something special, you might not dig it.

Do you need to book something now? With your trip six months away I think it's very early to be giving up on a 4* Downtown, if that's your first choice. Rates aren't high for your dates, so I expect you'll be able to get a 4* for under $100, maybe for $80, closer to your dates.

The 3* in Japantown-Civic Center North for $66 does look like a match for the Carlton. It's a Joie de Vivre boutique with a strong 4/5 TripAdvisor rating but it is close to the Tenderloin, if that matters to you. I've stayed at Carlton and I like it but I think you'll be able to get a 4* for not much more if you wait.

• 4 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]