Priceline Hotel: No luck in Downtown Asheville

bangboometc
By bangboometc,
in

So, I've been trying to book a hotel in downtown Asheville for 10/28 through 10/30 for the past couple of days now. I've been aiming for a three star, starting my bids at 80. So far, I've bid up to $115 dollars with no luck. I know that rates are a bit higher that weekend due to a music festival in town, but it still seems like I'm almost overbidding and not getting any bites. Any tips? Is it possible I'm just bidding too early?

HOTWIRE's 'Central' zone extends a bit further east then PRICELINE's 'Downtown' zone. HOTWIRE has the 3* rated Holiday Inn Asheville Biltmore East (NOTE: this is different the the Holiday Inn Downtown)... would this work for your plans?

If not, many hotels may be reluctant to discount rates too much at this point, instead hoping to sell the rooms at full price (and perhaps at an inflated rate) given the demand from the music festival attendees. I don't know how big the music festival is, but if you wait hoping that rates are discounted more in the future, there is a chance that hotels sell-out and/or raise prices further.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]