Priceline Hotel: 15 night stay in London-NEED HELP ASAP!

caliluv
By caliluv,
in

Hi

I need help, I am going to London, UK from 8/4/11-8/19/11, this is 15 nights and I would like to find a hotel in a nice central area, I would luv to find either a 4 or 5 star hotel. I know I might be asking for a lot, but I was hoping to get something for $70-80/per night. I know this might sound crazy, but since I am staying for so long, I thought why not give it a shot.

Can anyone help me and give me suggestions, I really want to stay somewhere nice that is centrally located in london. Even if the hotel is not exactly central that is ok, I rather have something nice versus location, but not something so far out either.

Also does any one have an idea if there are extended stay hotels in london? or any hotels that offer mini kitchens in there? I found one place called the Citadines, this place looks so nice, but way to expensive. I heard its cheaper to rent an apartment for 2 weeks, but I dont know any good agencies, and to be honest I really dont trust them, I am scared I will get scammed, so if anyone has any good recommendations for apartment agencies please let me know. Thanks

Hi

I am going to london, uk from 8/4/11-8/19/11, I really would like to get a 4 or 5 star hotel for $70-80/per night that is centrally located. I know this might be asking for a lot, but I thought why not give it a shot.

Can anyone give me any advice on what might be the cheapest way I can get a nice hotel that is centrally located in London for a decent price especially since I am staying for so many nights. Since I am staying for so many days, I thought maybe I might get lucky on priceline. I rather have a nicer hotel versus the location, but I dont want to be so far out either.

I found this hotel called the citadines, it has a nice kitchen in the hotel, however it is really expensive. So if anyone knows of any extended stay type of hotels that have kitchens in them please let me know.

Any input would be great...please help! Thanks

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Unless you stay on the outskirts of the city i think your $80 budget for a 4* or 5* hotel may fall a little short.

I'd start with reviewing what the opaque providers can, and can't, offer by reading this I've Never Used Priceline or Hotwire thread.

If you search HOTWIRE for your dates does anything appear within an acceptable zone and within your desired star rating and budget?

Let us know if/how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the suggestions, my last option would be to stay near the LHR airport since I have noticed the hotel prices for a nice 4 star are really cheap, but I still want to try to bid for my first week using priceline or hotwire.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what time of the day or what day is best to bid? or does that not even matter?

I have been bidding on priceline for the past 2 days now, I have tried a lot of areas and even went up to $95 for my max bid for my first week stay from 8/4-8/11 and got rejected.

Could this be due to the time of the year that I am going since it is summer, because I have seen this one guy on BB get the Hilton Hyde park for $85 the same week that I will be there for as well.. I am so confused an frustrated. Can anyone please help. Thanks

The trip into Central London on the Piccadilly Line will take you close to an hour each way. The hotels do not all (in fact, I am pretty sure FEW) offer a free shuttle to the airport, so you would have to factor that into your price. I think the shuttle is something like 4 GBP each way for each person to the airport. Then you pay for the tube.

I doubt seriously you will get anything within Central London for your price for a 4-5 star. You should try, but don't be disappointed. Some of the postings with very low rates for 4* were at the height of the financial crisis.

Try Hotwire and see if you can find something inexpensive, but still on a good public transportation line. A friend of mine stayed at a Holiday Inn Express (3*?), I believe in Earl's Court. Check this forum to try to ID hotels. I've been able to ID all Hotwire hotels I've used by asking and/or by carefully reading reviews on both Hotwire and TA.

Other friends stayed in Wandsworth Holiday Inn Express for a great price. It looks like Hotwire has that hotel for your dates for $1450 total. It has 90% approval on Trip Advisor. I was worried they would have transportation problems, but they said it was very easy in and out of the city, and that is expressed in the reviews for what looks like this hotel on Hotwire. Look for the Wandsworth/Merton 3* for $77 (as of today) with Hotwire positive ratings of 100%.

It's a bit out of central London, but we loved our stay at the Holiday Inn Brentford Lock. It's a 1.5 mile walk to the nearest tube station (Boston Manor), but there's a bus stop right across from the hotel that will take you to the tube in 10-15 minutes. The hotel is modern and for a Holiday Inn quite upscale in my opinion. The high street in Brentford has several good restaurants, including a fantastic Bangladeshi place.

When we stayed in 2008, we bid through Hotwire (using the BB HOTWIRE link, of course!) and got a rate of $88 per night, inclusive of taxes and fees.

We are going to London again this September and will again stay at the Holiday Inn Brentford Lock, through Hotwire. It shows up as a 3.5 star in Ealing - Twickenham with a Fitness Center, Restaurant, and High Speed Internet Access. The rate is showing as $100 per night, inclusive of taxes and fees. (I will start my own thread as soon as I actually book.)

Good luck!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]