Priceline Hotel: 4* Philadelphia (Downtown) Westin

profoster
By profoster,
in

I am not familiar with bidding in Philadelphia, but consistenly see Lowes, Le Meredian, or the Westin hitting in the $74-$90 range. I would like a little help with bidding here. Am I bidding too early for a July trip? I am up to $85 and have yet to even receive a counteroffer. Should I be patient and wait a little longer. I don't see anything major on the calendar to conflict with my dates. Any advice would be appreciated.

It's not the last day which is the issue, it's that the weekend dates are less expensive then the midweek nites.

Hotel direct rates are running ~$200 for this complete stay so $95 may be difficult at the moment. HOWEVER, Expedia (please use this link) has the Westin on sale at half off (expires at midnite EST and currently only 5 rooms left at the moment) so you may want to consider if you want to keep your maximum bid at $95 or increase it closer to $120, and then if rejected take the Expedia offer.

It comes down to if $95 is rejected, will you wait it out and hope for lower rates in the weeks ahead, lower your star rating OR increase your bid? If the latter, i'd increase your maximum bid now and then take the Expedia offer if your bids are rejected.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Used the PRICELINE link!

I have been working on booking this hotel stay for a couple weeks. I couldn't get an offer to stick. Finally was accepted at $91 per night for three nights.

Room Fee -$273

Taxes & Fees - $50.52

Total Charge - $323.52

I am still working on a hotel for the night of 7/25, Westin did not offer an extension with this reservation thru Priceline. I might have to call them directly on this one.

Sorry to see you weren't able to extend this stay, but at least you got 3 out of 4 nites taken care of at a great rate!

If you need help with the additional nite feel free to start a NEW TOPIC (since this one now reflects your win for the first 3 nites)

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy this leg of your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]