Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Mag Mile - Wacker Dr) Hyatt Regency

farrisfam
By farrisfam,
in

I am trying to book 4 rooms for July 29 - 31 in the Chicago Loop area. I want to use the giftcard06 discount and also the Entertainment Book coupon. Will either give the disount for all 4 rooms or do they need to be 4 seperate bookings....which leads to the next question. Will the same hotel always come up for that particular rating? I don't want our party split up. If there were 2 hotels offered at 4* wouldn't they both be there as seperate hotels? What hotels are currently being listed for the loop for that time....I don't know how to tell which hotel I am getting for each rating. Would love the Palmer house location....Thanks, I am trying to book these asap unless you advise waiting for a better price later!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You can see the hotels reported and in the HOTWIRE HOTEL LIST for this area. Also there will be the star rating and amenities last associated with each hotel (these are subject to change).

The $10 off code is up to $50, so that is the maximum value you could get on the purchase.

You can do a HOTWIRE search and see what is offered for your stay. The same hotel is not always shown for each search... what if a hotel only has two rooms available to the opaque services, you search for 2 rooms, buy them, then on a subsequent search the rooms another hotel is shown because you previously purchased the last two 'opaque' rooms which that hotel offered. The previous scenario is not the most likely, but it can, and does, happen. Whether you take the chance is a decision that you (and your friends) will have to make. Of course if you do bid all 4 rooms together they will be at the same hotel.

Do a HOTWIRE search and if you can't match up a hotel that you are interested in with what is in our lists, or you just want to 'confirm' what you believe to be the hotel's identification, feel free to ask by posting the star rating and amenities shown. Please use this HOTWIRE link for your search and/or purchases.

I think that answers your above questions, but if there are any more feel free to ask. Let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

what if you search for a 4* for 4 rooms find out what shows up in the search then search for 1 or 2 rooms and find it on the list and buy them seperatley....wouldn't there be 4 available if it showed up on the previous search? Or could they post different hotels for the 2 searches. Do I have to do them seperately for the Entertainment Book coupon. I would love to get 30$ x 4 or at least x 2! we are going to split the savings so the more the merrier. Also, the date on the hotel list is 2003 has it been update since and it just leaves the orig post date? Thanks!!! for all your help so far!

The date on the hotel lists is the original date... we update with new information as it is received/posted.

Your logic is corrent re: 4 rooms search vs. 2 room search, but there are no guarantees and i have seen stranger things go awry. I forget the exact numbers but i believe it was 7 individuals all seeing a hotel offered with only a restaurant icon... all put it on their computers and simultaneously they all hit the submit button... two received different hotels than the other 5. So again, this is not the probable outcome, but is a possible outcome, so it's a risk (however slight it may be) that you have to decide if you are willing to accept.

A workaround for your sitatuation is to search for 4 rooms for one nite and make that purchase, then search for 4 rooms for the remaining nite... if the amenities match it is likely the same hotel; if for some reason it is not, you'll all have to change hotels for the second half of your stay, but at least you will be assured that the entire group will be together for the entire stay (although the entire group may have to change locations).

To do the above you should first conduct each search to make sure you see what you believe to be the same property for each nite.

Please use this HOTWIRE link for each purchase (ie- if you split the purchases, come back to this screen and click this HOTWIRE link before resuming the next purchase). The Entertainment Card requests that you go to a 'special site' to begin your purchase, but it has not been necessary... to play it safe you can place your bids from that 'special site' but please click our link above immediately before heading to their requested site.

You don't need to have an Entertainment Card in hand before your purchase, but i think the rules stipulate that you have to send it in within 30 days of making your reservation. Please use this board's Entertainment Card link to purchase your book(s).

Any additional questions feel free to ask... let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]