Atlanta>Boston airfare help

Rwhitting10
By Rwhitting10,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Is this for June 18-23?

What is the best rate you're able to find thru conventional booking channels for this route? (and what is the breakdown of base fare + fees/taxes)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, June 18-23 2011 and the best deals I was able to find was 166 w/o taxes so 206 or something like that with taxes fees etc. Included. I am new to the whole bidding process and have just started traveling 2 to 3 times a month compared to never and the sooner I figure out bidding the better I'll be.

In the current rate environment, the deals on airfare have not been that great and deals have been somewhat far and few between, but they do happen from time to time...

Based upon the rates above, how much of a discount would you need to make an opaque purchase worthwhile (given that you can't choose arrival/departure times, agree to up to at least one connection, no decision regarding layover airport, etc)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would purchase a ticket for around 250 round trip.....I have found flights for 206 with tax like I said but they are out of Charlotte and I don't really fancy driving 2 hours to Charlotte but if it saves me 150 bucks it's worthwhile to do so. I might even be looking to bid for flights for Charlotte to bawston!

matrix.itasoftware.com is particularly handy for checking airfares.

However, I played with it for a while for your situation and sympathize. I tried nearby cities and alternate dates and never was able to find a fare under $432, except for the Charlotte, NC $207 ($233 non-stop) deal.

I did find a $331 ATL-BOS via www.kayak.com on Spirit (with a $281 if you could leave a couple days earlier??).

Always a good idea to also check the airline sites directly. Once in a while they have specials not available elsewhere.

Things change, but at the moment it looks like there isn't much competition for the ATL-BOS route.

I'll be interesting in hearing about your bidding results.

Romelle

PS - if you are going to be flying regularly, do get signed up for the different airline frequent flyer programs. Those miles will add up quickly and you can get some free tickets.

I would purchase a ticket for around 250 round trip.....I have found flights for 206 with tax like I said but they are out of Charlotte and I don't really fancy driving 2 hours to Charlotte

What is the breakdown of base fare + taxes/fees for the route you're bidding? Is your $250 limit based upon base fare or 'all-in'?

First off I want to say thank you for your sincere responses, most boards would have laughed me off the message boards. 250 is on price line with the base fare then it adds the fees and taxes afterwards. Looks like I'm going to be flying out of Charlotte. The bing flight predictor says flights are expected to climb another 50 bucks based on 75% volatility. So it looks like I should buy now. It just angers me that last week when flights out of Charlotte were 142 non stop on jet blue I waited rather than bought it.

I'm just a member, not a moderator, but hope you notice the Support/Travel Links tab just above on this page. If any of those links work for your travel, use of them helps keep this board in existence.

You still might try bidding, starting maybe at $150 and working up to about what the Charlotte-BOS flight plus driving expenses totals. Maybe even a bit more for saving your time. With bidding, one really never knows until one tries. And failed bids are free, except for a bit of one's time.

Maybe some competition will appear in ATL and help things. I'd suggest always checking before a ticket purchase. If your plans will work, also worth checking a day or so earlier and later.

I fly out of MSP, and Delta pretty much owns it. European flights from here are often a couple hundred $$ more than flights from Chicago.

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]