Resort and parking fees?

Bepo
By Bepo,
in

A few questions about resort and parking fees? It seems a nice $50 win can become a $85 one very easily. If I wanted to spend $85 I have other options.

SO,

1. How do we know when a place has either of these on Hotwire or Priceline?

2. What can we do if we bid or buy on one of the above and they then add these?

3. OR, are they included in the cost, particularly on Priceline. (my guess is no)

4. So, how do we bid without getting stuck with these?

Thanks.

Parking and resort fees are not listed via PRICELINE, given the opaque nature of the service - there's no way to bid on a specific property. Additionally, those who pay full price are still paying the same parking and/or resort fees and paying full price for their room. HOTWIRE lists "approximate" resort fees (if any) on the detail page for the listing.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

this is one of my biggest pet peeves with PRICELINE and one of the reasons I avoid certain zones such as Newark EWR Airport zone where many hotels charge for parking unlike the nearby Elizabeth, NJ zone where (up until now) the hotels don't charge for parking. You might want to consider HOTWIRE since you have a greater chance of identifying the property using the Better Bidding hotel lists prior to purchase.

Resort and parking fees are not shown on the BB hotel lists since these can change frequently.

firstly: identify the HOTWIRE property using the amenities and the invaluable hotel lists on BB

secondly: call the property and ask if they charge for parking and/or Resort fees

That said, this is not a 100% lock! There could always be a new hotel that has yet to be reported, or two hotels could have the same amenity combination.

Where are you bidding? It sounds like you can stay at an acceptable hotel for $85 that doesn't charge resort or parking fees.

I've done both HW and PL

We look forward to seeing your wins posted on BB, it makes the lists more relevant and helps others craft winning bids.

I'm starting to put together a trip to WDW area in mid-July. I've been reading posts as watching both the PL/HW sites. I see nice hotels at very good prices until they throw in the extra fees. I'm waiting for exact dates when we leave before I start bidding/buying.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]