Priceline Hotel: Lynchburg, VA

LoneStar
By LoneStar,
in

Just a heads up for anyone headed to Lynchburg. It seems that the best rate in town may be with the Entertainment Card $49.50 discount at the Holiday Inn Select, bookable on line at holidayinns.com. I believe this is classified by priceline as a 2.5* property (the photos of the hotel certainly would support that it is a cut above a typical roadside Holiday Inn). I've bid as high as $40 for a 2.5 star on priceline for my days in late May without success.

So it looks like a rare use in the US for an Entertainment hotel discount.

If that's too rich for your blood, look for the coupons at roomsaver.com which SOMETIMES offer rates lower than $49 at 2 and 1 star properties.

• 2 weeks later...

FWIW, I wound up using a roomsaver.com coupon to stay at the Lynchburg Ramada Inn for $39, including hot breakfast. A completely unremarkable but adequate 2 star property. Occupancy levels that night in Lynchburg were very low (my hotel was about 1/4 full) yet there were no deals to be had on priceline. I had bid $45 for a 3 star, $42 for a 2 1/2 star, and $32 for a 2 star (entertainment and roomsaver were cheaper above those levels). It just looks like a town where there's no enthusiasm on the part of the innkeepers to post reasonable rates on priceline.

If you got to Lynchburg, if you haven't already been there, you got to go to the

Texas Inn

422 Main Street

Lynchburg, VA 24504

(804) 846-3823

We found it by accident, but it is a Lynchburg staple. They have hot dogs and hamburgers. When we go there (family of 5) the first person is getting there food before the last one orders. Also, very cheap. A family of 5 can get out for $12-$14.

You gotta try this place.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]