Priceline Hotel: 3* Crowne Plaza- Los Angeles LAX

fly_up_front
By fly_up_front,
in

First, a small rant. While there are several LAX posts here, they were of limited help because they usually don't include bidding info. or taxes and fees. Without the bid history, there's no way to know where to start. Until our most frequent posters start setting an example and providing this info. (hello squeege!), TOBB will continue to set the standard for providing info. and we'll be the nice guys in second place.

On this LAX bid, I saw that some here had won at $31 but that seemed like an odd price and had no idea if they were all first bids or what so I tried $30 and rejected and then $31 and rejected. Both said I could re-bid if I increased by $8. I then went back to TOBB and found one who had bid $32 and got the same re-bid message and they were accepted at $35 so that's what I bid.

Congratulations, you got your price of $35 for a 3-star hotel room.

Crowne Plaza Los Angeles Airport

Los Angeles Airport (LAX)

5985 W Century Blvd

Los Angeles, California 90045

310-642-7500

Check-In Date: Mon, Jul 14, 2003

Check-In Time: After 03:00 PM

Check-Out Date: Tue, Jul 15, 2003

Check-Out Time: 12:00 PM

Your Offer Price: $35.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $35.00

Taxes and

Service Fees: $10.61

Total Charges: $45.61

Yes, it would certainly be better if everyone posted their complete bidding history, but i'd rather have their incomplete information than none at all. I'm simply thankful for people taking the time to post and the info that they do provide. Again, i do agree with you, but i'm trying to be realistic about it too. Perhaps some of our more experienced users can try in the future to set a better standard. On the other hand, check the Hotel Reviews section of the board. I thought that nobody would be able to keep that format straight, and that section actually requires the least amount of editing.

Keep in mind it requires the walking of a fine line to try and get people to post relevant information and not be a pest/rude about it (there's already a board that sets the standard in that) :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]