Priceline Hotel: Failed Bids, Yosemite Area - Mammoth Lakes 6/22-6/24/11

Jmack
By Jmack,
in

There isn't a lot of bidding history here on Mammoth, especially for summer rather than winter, so I started my bids fairly low. All of these were rejected, but I will try again after 24 hours.

3* - Mammoth Lakes - $39

added Angels Camp - $41

added Buck Meadows - $43

added Mariposa - $45

added Oakhurst - $47

Looks like most of the 3* hotels have a retail between $100-$150, so I'm hoping to get something in the $50-$75 range eventually.

I used the PRICELINE link to start my bidding, as always!

I still have not been successful, but thought I'd add my last 3 days of bidding history.

3* - Mammoth Lakes - $49

added Angels Camp - $51

added Buck Meadows - $53

added Mariposa - $56

added Oakhurst - $59

3* - Mammoth Lakes - $60

added Angels Camp - $62

added Buck Meadows - $65

added Mariposa - $67

added Oakhurst - $69

3* - Mammoth Lakes - $65 (I offered a lower amount that my prior night's bid, as I noticed that the median retail rate that was listed had gone down a bit, and I thought maybe rates had dropped for the week)

added Angels Camp - $70

added Buck Meadows - $72

added Mariposa - $75

added Oakhurst - $77

I've seen several TV segments in the last couple weeks about how the waterfalls at Yosemite are the best they've been in decades. With all the publicity Yosemite's probably going to extra busy this summer and I wonder if we'll see Yosemite area hotels pulling back inventory from PRICELINE as a result. It will be interesting to see if you win something as your dates approach. It helps that you're bidding for a Weds/Thurs, rather than a weekend. Good luck!

Still no luck, and we topped out at our limit.

I bid again up to $85. I'm a little surprised only because it says that the median retail is $138. I think you are right that inventory must be down.

We're going to change our itinerary, and drive up through Sacramento instead (on our way to Reno).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]