Priceline Hotel: Courtyard by Marriott San Juan Isla Verde

cooper88
By cooper88,
in

Hi: I am interested in staying at this 3* rated hotel pre-cruise on January 8, 2012 due to it's proximity to the airport and beachfront property. My friend won a bid for it last year but other than that, I have seen very little in the way of people winning bids on it. Any suggestions as to why this might be? There are only 3 three star rated hotels in the SJU area. Any tips to possibly winning this one? This is my first post on better bidding and I will definitely pay through your PRICELINE or HOTWIRE link once I'm ready to take the plunge!! Thanks in advance. Diane

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You can't bid on a specific hotel when using PRICELINE, you have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star level (or higher) that you choose. With HOTWIRE you can often take an educated guess as to what is being offered based upon the amenities associated with the property, but it's still a 'best guess' and no guarantees you will receive the hotel you're hoping for. As well, HOTWIRE only shows one hotel at each star level per zone, so there is a chance the hotel you're hoping for isn't the one which is offered for your particular dates.

Let us know if/how you're ready to move forward and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Thanks in advance for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board for your purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi: Thank you for the reply. I've used Priceline in the past and am aware of how it works and willing to take the gamble on any hotel when the price is right :) . My question was more to do with the fact that I haven't seen anybody on this website who has actually 'won' this partiuclar hotel. Are there some that are advertised but don't 'participate' as much as others? I will probably end up bidding on a resort to guarantee a beach front property. I wish you saw all the 'up front' costs when bidding -- different taxes, resort fees, etc. Anyways, I thank you for your advice and love your website. When the time comes, I will def. use it to bid whether through Priceline or Hotwire. D.

The list of reported PRICELINE properties can be found here: Priceline Hotel List. There may be properties that have not yet been reported to the board, and some of the hotels that have been reported are not commonly seen. Some are rarely seen, some are commonly seen and use the service aggressively, some pop up frequently for a time period and then are not seen again for a while, etc.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

My question was more to do with the fact that I haven't seen anybody on this website who has actually 'won' this partiuclar hotel.

While this property has not been seen being won thru PRICELINE in about 2 years, it is received fairly frequently thru HOTWIRE... as recently as 6 weeks ago in this Hotwire San Juan Hotel thread.

If you enter "Courtyard Isla Verde" (without the quotes) in the QUICK SEARCH box in the blue banner at the top of the page you'll see all related wins (thru both services) for this property.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]