OKC Oklahoma City (RENTAL COMPANY??) Compact

hottieandginger
By hottieandginger,
in

I'm bidding for a rental car in OKC from 7/29/11 to 8/1/11.

Started bidding on a Compact for $13, bid was rejected

Then bid on a Mid-Size for $14, bid was rejected

Then bid on a Standard for $15, bid was rejected

Then bid on a Full-Size for $16, bid was rejected

We've got plenty of time, so I'll be back tomorrow night or Sunday and bump everything up by a $1.

Actually, now it works. However, still no positive results.

Increased Compact bid to $17 (rejected) ... Mid-Size bid to $18 (rejected) ... Standard bid to $19 (rejected) ... Full-Size bid to $20 (rejected).

Priceline must not have good "name your price" contracts in OKC -- maybe small markets generally. For example, Priceline lists the "lowest retail price" on compact cars at $24 and says I have a "very good chance" of winning a bid at $23. What is that -- a whopping 3.5% savings? Where is my 40%? LOL

Anyway, we'll see where I land on this.

Why not book a fully cancellable back-up at the $24 retail rate... then bid twice a week until you get closer to your trip? I think that will protect you from rates rising, still frequent enough to take advantage of any rate drops... and save you a bit of frustration.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Finally, success!

Bid $21 for a Compact car and Priceline made it happen. Total for three days (with taxes and fees): $76.55. Lowest published price (including taxes and fees): $93.59. 18% savings

I was surprised that it took so long for a bid to "stick." But saved about $20 and I have a couple minutes to bid each day.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you were ultimately successful and are pleased with the deal and savings you received on this rental.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the name of the car company that accepted your bid so we can add this information to the topic title.

Thanks for sharing your PRICELINE win with the board.

Have a great trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]