Priceline Hotel: New Orleans French Quarter

Sandi D
By Sandi D,
in

Where is the concert? How set are you on being in the Quarter itself?

The downtown and convention center zones are nearby and still walkable to the FQ, a half mile or less, sometimes right across the street. Including these zones adds a lot more possible hotels. And if the concert is at the Arena or Superdome, they are actually closer to those than FQ zone is.

It's not too early to bid, but I wouldn't start bidding much higher until the dates get closer.

Are you willing to pay more for a 4* vs. a 3.5* vs. a 3* OR is your goal the least expensive 3*or better for this stay?

Let us know regarding the zone(s) and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases (and click this PRICELINE link before replying)

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am actually from New Orleans and would like to try and get a hotel in the Quarter bc I have never stayed there. I have stayed a few places in the "Downtown area" (which is massive in my opinion). I have never stayed in the Convention Center Area. I would not mind staying in either area if it were a 4* hotel. I stayed in the Whitney Wyndam which is considered a 3.5* I believe and I didn't really care for it. So unless you have advice about other hotels I don't know about, I am trying to stay away from 3* and 3.5* hotels in the Dwntown or CC area. But if I can get a super cheap price that is up for discussion too! The concert is at the Superdome, but I am not overly concered with being super close to the Dome. Really, it all really within a short drive. I guess I am more interested in getting a super SWEET hotel. It's supposed to be a staycation for me! :)

As far as price is concerned, I guess I would like to know how I can figure out what a good estimate would be as to how much I might have to pay? I didn't want to go over 70 or 75 because I might valet my car which ends up being expensive.... I guess I am flexible on price.

Thanks in advance!

At the 4* level in New Orleans you have FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* French Quarter...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $63, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think I am getting the hang of it. My option is to start off the bid as low as possible and add zones in NO that DO NOT have a 4* hotels.

So for ex. I start at 55 for a 4* in the FQ. If rejected I bid, the same amount and add Zone 4 (b/c there is not a 4*).

If that bid is rejected I bid $60 bucks for a 4* in the FQ + Zone 4. etc... etc... alternating bt adding Zones w/o 4* and a slight increase in dollar amounts until I (hopefully) get a bid that is accepted?

I think you got it, but...

I start at 55 for a 4* in the FQ. If rejected I bid, the same amount and add Zone 4 (b/c there is not a 4*)...
I think this is just a typo, but to clarify, when you add zone4 (Garden District) you want to increase your bid price, as indicated above.

If you can identify your FIVE re-bid zones, all you have to do is label then 1,2,3,etc and substitute them in to the strategy provided above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Any additional question feel free to ask. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

PS- for future posts please use the zone name and not the zone number, as it saves anyone trying to help the trouble of looking up the zone to see which one you're referring to, and more importantly, it avoids confusion down the road when new zones are added or renamed and the numbers/order will then change

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]