Priceline Hotel: Memorial Day Chicago

packers
By packers,
in

Probably would like to get 4 in a room...I'm poor (or tight, depending on how you look at it). Even if it's a little crowded. It's my wife and I, and my daughter & her husband. I'm from Indy, so pretty famililar w/Chicago. They'll probably shop until early afternoon ... then we'll go to a Sox game (3P).

I was looking downtown for the same weekend and could not get anything at a reasonable price. We are planning on taking the El into town from O'hare, supposedly a 15 min ride, 24/7 including holidays, and the hotel we got is just a few blocks from the El stop...even if it wasn't we thought we'd take a cab to the stop then take the train...cheaper than cabbing it all the way downtown. I had previous attempted PL for 1* in downtown (loop, nma, rn..I think) 5/26-5/29 for $40 and did not get any takers. Good luck.

4 to a room is tough using Priceline as they only guarantee accomodations for 2. Using HOTWIRE, you can request a room to accomodate 4 people. A 3.5* property in "The Loop" zone appears for $94 for Sunday night, its a customer favorite with the following amenities: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness Center, Business Center. This could be the Palmer House Hilton, one of the oldest hotels in the USA. I stayed here a few years ago for a trade show, the room was so small, I had to go outside to change my mind :) Hopefully they have some bigger rooms that can fit two beds. If you proceed with this, can you please use savingsbarn.com to access the Hotwire website?

Bottomline is that you may not have a problem and get a room with two beds... or you could have a problem and they hotel may only have a room available with one bed.

As dahammer points out, in this situation HOTWIRE may be the better option since it can assure you sleeping accomodations for all 4 of you.

Let us know what you decide and/or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]