Priceline Hotel: 2* Chicago North Shore (Gurnee) La Quinta

rachael_9667
By rachael_9667,
in

Using the HOTWIRE link to search :) I come up with the following unknown hotels for June 6-11th 2 adults searching right around Gurnee/Libertyville for proximity to Six Flags:

Gurnee - Six Flags - Waukegan

$32

2 star

Amenities: Laundry & Golf

55% recommended

Libertyville - North Chicago

$36

2 star

Amenities: breakfast, business center & internet - they added restaurant in the last few days??

Still gathering reviews for property

I originally suspected Days Inn Libertyville for this one but they have a pool and no restaurant so IDK

Libertyville - North Chicago

$79

2 1/2 star

Amenities: breakfast, fitness, pool, business center, laundry, internet & golf

Still gathering reviews for property

My guess for this one was Holiday Inn Express Libertyville but tripadvisor doesn't list internet for this one

Thanks for waiting... best guess for each is listed below:

2* Gurnee

Crossland Waukegan

2* Libertyville

Days Inn North

2.5* Libertyville

Holiday Inn Express Libertyville

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you! I think you're right on the first one - I was reading reviews on TA and saw:

"Date of review: Aug 11, 2007 - We booked our room through Hotwire, based on the description that it was 2 star."

"Date of review: May 30, 2007 - I booked thru Hotwire at a VERY low price - under $35/night I think it was."

I am so glad you caught that one b/c I was growing weary of bidding on Priceline and considered just going to Hotwire. After reading all the reviews for a couple of the hotels I am very glad I did not. Thanks again!

Using the PRICELINE link from Betterbidding, I got the 2 star LaQuinta Inn in Gurnee, IL for June 6th through the 11th for $40 per night. I only bid in Gurnee as I needed a close proximity to Six Flags Great America (that and prices/hotels was the major reason I used PL and not Hotwire). I began bidding in $1 increments from $35 last week, starting with the 2.5 star and then adding 2 star on my re-try (dates and zones always remained the same). Tried $39 on a 2 star yesterday and a 2.5 star but was rejected. Tried 2.5 stars for $40 today, rejected, added 2 star and was accepted.

5 nights @ $40/night: $200.00

Taxes and Fees: $33.60

Total Charges*: $233.60

Oops, didn't see this before I started a new thread in the P/L part of the forum. I did end up getting my bid on Priceline using the links here, of course.

I think this thread staying in the Hotwire forum might help someone else who is trying to identify these Gurnee area hotels as we only have a few "knowns" on the Hotwire list and there are at least 3 in the immediate area (<5 mi) that are unidentified. Add some surrounding zones and there were lots more.

Thanks for all your help!

Congrats on your success. :)

Certainly not a bad deal for this Gurnee LQ property. Have fun at 6 Flags (and Gurnee Mills Outlet Mall is another option nearby that's indoors if it gets way too hot out.) Also in terms of outlet malls, there's a very nice premium outlet mall just over the border in Kenosha. Right by that mall is the legendary Brat Stop and not too far is the famed Mars Cheese Castle. Apparently, there's also Jelly Bean warehouse tours nearby, although I've never been.

Thanks for using the site's PRICELINE link.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]