Priceline Hotel: what's on in NYC week of 6/6/2011?

My Cat's Name is Bernie
By My Cat's Name is Bernie,
in

I am trying to get a hotel room in Manhattan for 6/6-6/9. I have a budget of $200/night. Something big must be going on in NYC this week. The major travel sites and Hotwire show very little available, although they show lots of rooms the week before and after. I bid $200 for 2.5* on Priceline, selecting all areas in Manhattan except Hells Kitchen and got rejected. I am nervous about going down to 2 starts due to the poor reviews of many Priceline 2* hotels in Manhattan.

Right now I have a non-Priceline reservation at 2* "Hotel 17" in the East Village. It gets great reviews on Tripadvisor and other travel sites, but only has a shared bath. At least it's cheap at $115/night.

I would be willing to pay more for a decent hotel with a private bath. Anyone got any ideas how to proceed? I am willing to stay in any reasonable neighborhood in Manhattan with access to bus or subway.

Thanks for the help!

Not sure what is going on on these dates - I believe the Tony Awards is going on a few days later, but nothing major that I'm aware of on these dates. NYC is still on the expensive side in June though, and it's generally not until July that the weather starts to result in lower rates and less traffic.

These dates are extremely expensive unfortunately, and HOTWIRE is showing a number of zones with no availability at all. At this point in time - and unfortunately I don't think it will change much in the limited amount of time left before the stay - I don't think PRICELINE likely has much inventory and what it does have it likely to be costly versus what is usually seen.

What would be your desired max budget per night?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I would be willing to pay more for a decent hotel with a private bath. Anyone got any ideas how to proceed?
How much more? If you've bid up to your max budget of $200 there are not many options.
I am willing to stay in any reasonable neighborhood in Manhattan with access to bus or subway.
Can you be more specific?
How much more? If you've bid up to your max budget of $200 there are not many options. Can you be more specific?
I meant I would be willing to pay more than the $115/night charged by Hotel 17 (with shared bath) where I am currently reserved. My budget is $200. Since there is nothing like this available on Priceline, Hotwire, or the major travel sites, I know that my options are extremely limited. I was hoping that someone might know of some non-traditional accommodation that is not listed on normal travel sites.

Thanks for the help!

If it helps, I just bid $133 for Chelsea on 6/5 and got accepted by Hotel Indigo Chelsea New York.

Can you please post your win to the board as a NEW TOPIC so that others will be aware of your win when searching the topic titles on the board and in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

It would also be appreciated if you used the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I just rebid again all Manhattan 6/6-6/9 for $205 using the PRICELINE link, and got rejected. It looks like there is lots available through 6/5, but on 6/6 all inventory is gone.

I also tried Kayak.com for the first time and found some interesting options I hadn't seen before, such as Central Park West Brownstone, 61 W. 83rd, $179/night, and a few others. But the reviews of these places are very mixed, so at this point I'm going to stick with my shared bath at Hotel 17 for $115.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]