Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Chicago North Shore (Deerfield) Hyatt Deerfield

AaronJB
By AaronJB,
in

Started at $33 and worked up to $40.

This property is - as with a number of other properties in this area - within an office park, but shopping, restaurants and other things are within an easy drive.

Rooms: Reasonably nice/above average, structured as "pseudo suites" with a sittng area and a bed area separated by a shelving unit with a TV that can swivel and face either area. The TVs need replacing, and are a decade old. I didn't mind it and the TV wasn't bad (not bad TVs for the time, I suppose), but they are a dated feature of the rooms. Very nice bathroom, bedding was fine. Not much in the way of views, although West facing rooms will have decent views of the surrounding area (not much around, though.) Rooms should have refrigerators. If they don't, ask.

Public areas: Nice, and the lobby is very pretty although the idea of having the majority of the lobby as an event space (so those coming in/out of the hotel have to walk around an event - wedding/etc. - going on) is a bizarre design. While not a big deal, the halls on each floors are long, then head on a different angle. I didn't care, but it is a bit of a stroll to some rooms at the far end of each floor. This property could use a renovation and it would really not require a vast effort; it just needs a bit of a facelift to freshen elements of it up.

The 3.5* level in this area generally took about $45-50 normally previously, but this Hyatt property (which was previously 4* and is now 3.5*) appears more aggressive with its pricing. This is not my favorite property out of the three 3.5* possibilities in this zone (the Marriott Suites and Embassy Suites are nicer overall), but if this property is going to be seen at the $40 level commonly, I certainly will not complain as I think $40 is more than a good value.

Regular price, I'd be more lukewarm on this property, which is a business/convention-oriented hotel (Walgreens HQ is next door, among other HQ's - Kraft - nearby.) I don't actively dislike anything about this property and elements are quite nice, but there's not quite enough that really stands out about it. This property has gotten mixed/negative reviews lately, but personally - in my experience - For $99+, I'd be so-so on it. For $40, I'm very happy and really view $40 as definitely a very good value.

Used the PRICELINE link.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]