SEA Seattle Fullsize Enterprise

WzDancer
By WzDancer,
in

Car daily rate - Hotwire hot Rate: $13.95

Rental days: 7

Tax recovery charges and fees: $75.43

Subtotal: $173.08

Something strange happened. Last week, HOTWIRE had full-zide at $13 per day but with a high fee and tax, total came as $220 per week. So I was working on priceline, and unsuccessful at $12 /day. But today the total of $14/day came up as $173 per week, it is cheaper than $13/day at PRICELINE if my bid were accepted.

I started shopping using the HOTWIRE link.

Congratulations on your success!

Nice job keeping an eye on the total rate and not just the rental amount. I can't say what happened to effect rates like that... a glitch in the system, a different 'taxes and recovery' rate for one rental agency (the one offering the car at $13/day) vs. the rental agency offering the car at $14/day days later, or a chance in tax rate for rental companies from the time of your previous search; either way, all is well that ends well :)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using the HOTWIRE link on the board to begin your purchase.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the name of the rental company that you received so we can add this information to the topic title.

Have a good trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I need to apologize twice. First, for posting this result on the wrong state group. Second, for messing up on the company name. It is Enterprise!

This the first time I get from either PRICELINE or HOTWIRE a car from a non-lagcy big name company. In SEA, Enterprise is an off-site rental, and it requires at least 30 extra minutes to check out or return a car.

For full-size, I get Chevy Impala today.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]