Priceline Hotel: 4* Newark (Jersey City) Westin Newport

Mithun
By Mithun,
in

Reservation was for June 1 - June 4, 2011

Used the PRICELINE link to start my bid - did all the areas in and around Jersey City starting with $117 increasing $5 with every bid. No counter offer was offered and finally the last area was accepted at a bid of $147.

My last year's bid was also accepted at Westin - I think it was around May 10 and for $110 or something close to. The only cons of that reservation was that I checked in late - around midnight and they ran out of rooms when I arrived. They placed in Sheraton Newark Airport for the night and then moved me to higher floor Manhattan facing room the next morning. I didn't complain about it but I am hoping to to experience that especially since I will be arriving around 10pm.

Fingers cross and hoping for a good experience.

- Mithun

Welcome to BetterBidding and congratulations on your success!

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding :)

We hope you're satisfied with the outcome and will like the Westin.

Let's hope they have a room for you this time.

Enjoy your stay.

Yellowdog.

I usually don't post after the trip but this one was worth it for me.

Basically I walked into the hotel mentioned I had a 3 days reservation and showed my SPG Rewards card. I am not sure whether the SPG card which did it but I ended up getting the Presidential Suite on 23rd floor. It is a corner suite with Manhattan skyline view from the living/dining room and a jacuzzi in the master bathroom.

Of course I am not sure whether I overpaid for a room in Westin where most people seem to be getting it for $80-90 using Priceline.

Of course I am not sure whether I overpaid for a room in Westin where most people seem to be getting it for $80-90 using Priceline.

If you increased your bid by $5, then its doubtful that you overpaid for your dates of travel. It sounds like management was trying to make up for walking you to another hotel last year. BTW, its advisable that you call the hotel to let them know you will be late, even if your room is prepaid.

A day or two earlier I had tried everything from $97 to $122 without luck hence next day I started from $117 and went upto $147. If there was a way to get it cheaper I wouldn't know :).

I don't know whether they knew I had visited previously or not - maybe I used the same credit card... What I do remember is that last time I had walked up a printout from Priceline - this time I was more confident and didn't mention Priceline at any point. Also I had a physical SPG card which I assume implies I have actually stayed in a SPG property in the past and earned points.

I am still dreaming of my $90 Manhattan view room I got in Hyatt sometime between Christmas and New Year in 2008.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]