CA San Jose Hilton Santa Clara

volvomom1
By volvomom1,
in

Just got back from this stay and I must say that this was a lovely hotel. It was literally one parking lot away from Paramount's Great America in San Jose and our room overlooked the theme park. We were not given a less than preferable room as sometimes happens with Priceline wins. The room was quiet and away from the street. The room was comfortable, appeared to be recently decorated and had a nice restaurant. We did not use the pool but it looked nice and was seasonably warm. I would definitely stay here again.

• 4 months later...

I just completed a 2 night stay at this property with a Hotwire stay. I paid $64/night before $30 Hotwire rebate with this hotwire booking.

I arrived at about 4:00pm to this lovely property. It is located on Great America Parkway and Tasman a stone's throw away from Paramount's Great America Park. It was very convenient to access the I-101 freeway. The hotel is across the street from the Santa Clara Convention Center and the Westin Hotel. Many high tech companies have their headquarters in this area including Maxtor, Cisco (which has several blocks of buildings), Intel (and its free museum), etc. The hotel is also convenient to San Jose and Milpitas. There was ample free parking in front and behind the hotel.

Upon check-in, it was mentioned that the room fee was taken care of by Hotwire. I was given room 411 - a king non-smoking room. In the lobby there was a large sitting area in front of the front desk, a business center (with two Dell computers, laser printer and a multifunction machine), a small gift shop, and a Starbucks adjacent to the restaurant. There was also a large ballroom which I did not go into. There was an outdoor pool and hot tub, as well as a fitness center, although I did not have the opportunity to take advantage of these amenities. Each day there were complimentary copies of the Mercury News and USA Today in the lobby and on each floor.

The room itself was facing Tasman Drive and the Westin Hotel. It was adequately large with nice furnishings. Surpisingly, the bed did not have soft down bedding although the blanket was still quite comfortable. There was an Ethernet port and WiFi internet, although this was charged at $9.95/24 hours. This is in contrast to the Westin across the street which has free Wifi (I know because its signal was so strong I was using the Westin network and surfing in bed for free!).

The bathroom had Crabtree and Evelyn toiletries and had very clean and new-looking fixtures. There was a hair dryer and a coffee maker on the bathroom counter. The shower had excellent water pressure.

There were two times when I needed to call the front desk. The first was when an earring fell down the shower drain. Within 5 minutes, a serviceman came and retrieved the earring (I could see it, but could not retrieve it). On the second night, a group of loud wedding-goers was across the hall and they had their room door ajar and were making a ton of noise at 12:50am in the hallway and in the room, and once again within 5 minutes of calling the front desk, someone came up and quieted them down.

Overall, I was very satisified with this 4* hotel and felt that it deserved this rating. I would happily stay again. It would have been nice to take advantage of its close proximity to Great America but the park was closed during weekdays and also I think the park is more suitable for thrill-seekers and those travelling with teenagers and children.

• 3 years later...

On my way from staying 3 nights at the hotel. Beautiful as expected.

The hotel was clean and nice with friendly staffs. Especially I liked their business center and large sitting area in the lobby.

Will definitely stay again if possible.

Most of all, it has great access to key roads/freeways around Silicon Valley and San Jose. (US101, CA237)

• 6 months later...

Currently staying here, and I'm not impressed, from the greeting "I see your room is prepaid...", to the overpriced restaurant and room service (18% gratuity plus $3 delivery automatically added), to having to shell out $9.99 per day for internet (slow internet at that). Was given a 2 double bed room, King or Queen all sold out according to the snooty kid that checked me in. hilton.com disagreed, but I wasn't going to fight with the guy.

Tripadvisor gloated over free Fiji water - not in my room. Unfortunately I couldn't pick up any free outside wifi signal from my room. Parking is free and location is convenient, so it's not a total bust at $63. Ridiculous at the $189 hilton.com wanted.

Oh, pushing the channel change button on the tv remote, it takes a solid 3 seconds to change from one channel to the next. I know, I'm spoiled.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]