Priceline Hotel: Boutique San Francisco (USE) Galleria Park

tans
By tans,
in

Hi everyone

I'm starting to scout around for a hotel in SF 7/29 - 8/1 (so obviously no rush!). I was hoping for Embacadero or USE, but could do USW too. My last search listed a Boutique 3* in USW with restaurant and business center listed as the only amenities. I compared this to the list of 'regular' Hotwire hotels that's in the forum, but couldn't see any 3* boutique hotels. Any thoughts on whether this might be a new one, or might Adagio or Serrano have been downgraded? It was going for $68/night.

Cheers!

I just did another search for 7/29 - 8/1, 1 room 2 adults for the Embarcadero/USW/USE areas. It listed a 3* Boutique hotel with restaurant and business center for $68/night, but in the USE area. Maybe I read my previous search incorrectly...oops and sorry!! Confusion still riegns though!! :-)

This hotel has not yet been identified, but how about something like the Chancellor or one of the Kimpton properties (Triton, Galleria Park) as possibilities. In just a quick look i came up with at least these three which are possibilities, so i don't think it's going to be easy to hone in on this one.

If you go for this HOTWIRE selection please enlighted the rest of us :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all

I just got 3 nights at Galleria Park Hotel (one of the Kimpton properties) for $75/night from 7/29 - 8/1, with the following bidding

4*USE $75 - rejected

4*USE + Cathedral Hill $80 - rejected

4*USE + Cathedral Hill + Civic Center $82 - rejected

4*USE + Cathedral Hill + Civic Center + Fishermans Wharf $85 - rejected

4*USE + Cathedral Hill + Civic Center + Fishermans Wharf + USW $85 - rejected

Boutique + 4*USE + Cathedral Hill + Civic Center + Fishermans Wharf + USW $75 - accepted

I guess in retrospect I could have gone below $75, but I've been trying this or a similar strategy for the past few weeks, and have had nothing accepted under $90.

I'm really happy with this though. I wanted USE-Emb cos the reason I'm there is for the SF marathon which starts/finishes at the Embarcadero Center, so it's incredibly convenient for the painful crawl 'home' when I finish!

Big thanks to all who keep up this site. I had no idea of how to use Priceline or increase my bids without waiting for 3 days before reading these posts. Much appreciated people! :)

Congratulations on your win... glad it worked out well for you and that you found the information on the board helpful in using the opaque providers.

Good Luck with your training and on the day of the race. My wife has run the NYC marathon a few years ago and has a deferment for next year (i think)... she'd like to run it again and just needs to find the time to commit to the training.

Thanks again for posting.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]