Hotwire Hotel: 2* NYC (Long Island City-Elmhurst) Queensboro Hotel

jou
By jou,
in

Dear betterbidding community ...

Can anybody help how to find out which hotel it is?

I see this hotel since about two weeks in the results so I am sure people have booked it.

Others were trying to find out about this 2* option without success:

Hotwire Long Island City

I know that people had been critical in this forum about 2* hotels in this area, but the following does not seem to be too bad:

85% of Hotwire reviews recommend

20+ total reviews

We (3 adults for 2 rooms) just need a simple accommodation close to the underground or public transport mainly to rapidly reach MoMa (if possible within 30 minutes). The hotwire location rating is 3.5 which is not too bad but it can be better for car than for public transport. Therefore, any help much appreciated!

These are the information we provided:

Star rating: 2-star

Check-in date: Fri, Oct 14

Check-out date: Thu, Oct 20

Rate per night: $66.00

Nights: 6

Rooms: 2

Tax recovery

charges & fees: $181.04

Subtotal: $973.04

Trip total: $973.04

Welcome!

What are the amenities for this property?

I have stayed in Long Island City several times without incident, I always have a car, and I can put up with just about any hotel for one night. That said, you are booking two rooms for six nights, so you might want to be more cautious.

Please use the HOTWIRE links on this board for your searches as well as your purchase.

thanks!

thanks dahammer!

amenities: breakfast only.

The hotel is rated 3.5 in tripadvisor and I looked at 3.5 rated hotels on that site: Only one hotel has 2*, hardly any amenities (breakfast only), and is rated 3.5:

Days Inn Long Island City

Also Expedia ratings for this hotel are similar to hotwire: least (that is 2.7) for location (noisy due to crossroad & subway) and other ratings slightly better 3.4-3.7

Somebody won this property before on hotwire/priceline one year ago:

Priceline Long Island City

Does it seem realistic that it is this hotel?

We use the HOTWIRE links for our searches as well as our purchase.

The hotel is rated 3.5 in tripadvisor and I looked at 3.5 rated hotels on that site: Only one hotel has 2*, hardly any amenities (breakfast only), and is rated 3.5:

Days Inn Long Island City

Its possible that this could be the Days Inn, this hotel is wedged into a tiny peninsula of land between elevated train tracks, Queens Blvd. and Thompson Ave. Check out the address on google maps and you will see for yourself. You might want to see if this listing appears for just the first night of your stay, and simultaneously, check if it is available for the remainder on a seperate screen. You could buy the first night and if its acceptable, buy the remaining nights.

• 3 weeks later...

I waited and finally booked today a Long Island City 2.5* Hotel for 77$ per night through HOTWIRE. It did not show any hotwire ratings but a 4-out-of-5 tripadvisor rating. It turned out to be Queensboro Hotel Long Island City. Even if the rating on tripadvisor is only 3.5, I am quite happy with it: Payed 1127$ for 6 nights / 2 rooms I mentioned above (29% discount). I was a little surprised that HOTWIRE shows only breakfast as free WLAN, free parking etc is available. I first considered booking the first night, see which hotel it is, and then booking the rest, but this would have beend considerably more expensive. Thanks for the betterbidding support!!! Greetings from old Germany ...

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you found something which works for both your needs and budget and that you're pleased with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]