Priceline Hotel: 2* Jackson (North) Extended Stay Deluxe

SpringAquifer
By SpringAquifer,
in

I got the 2* Jackson (North) Extended Stay Deluxe with a bid of $35, totaling $46.49. I showed up, and they were completely booked and had no record of my reservation. They didn't walk me to a different property.

I ended up paying the AAA rate at the Jameson Inn across the street. (I think this is also available on Priceline as a 2*.) This cost me just under $80.

Now, per previous posts on this board, it seems like Priceline will be willing to refund me the original $46.49 if I ask.

However, I still ended up having to pay $80 for the Jameson Inn -- about $30 more than I had planned to spend on this evening. (The Motel 6 down the street was all booked.) Has anyone heard of Priceline refunding the difference?

• 2 weeks later...

I called Priceline the next morning, who in turn called the Extended Stay. The management at the Extended Stay told Priceline that I had checked in and was currently sitting in Room 225. I told Priceline that I was definitely in the Jameson Inn across the street.

This was eventually cleared up, despite some skepticism from the Priceline customer service agent. Apparently, the early-evening manager at the Extended Stay had checked me in before my arrival. The late-night manager, seeing that everyone had already been checked in for the night, didn't know what to do with me.

After a few calls, Priceline eventually relented and refunded my reservation.

I asked for additional compensation, as the last-minute trip to the Jameson Inn cost me a lot more than what I initially had planned to spend that evening. Extended Stay said it was Priceline's problem; Priceline said it was Extended Stay's problem.

Eventually, the Priceline customer service agent, with annoyance apparent in her voice, ended up e-mailing me a $10 bonus money code.

I imagine the hotel was getting full and the early evening manager tried to do you a favor by checking you in so that you wouldn't be considered a 'no show' and your room re-sold to a walk-in customer... but neglected to inform the late-nite manager (who then didn't know what to do given there were no other rooms available)

Glad you got it settled and hopefully satisfied with the compensation offered.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]