Desired Hotel Not Available on Date Needed?

JusMeJim
By JusMeJim,
in

My wife and I are visiting Salt Lake City on June 7th, and just found out my Son and his family want to drive up and spend the night and visit (with new grandbaby) from Las Vegas.

We have a reservation made through priceline for the Hyatt Place Airport location.

Through some research, I am 99.9% sure that I know exactly what the Hyatt Place Airport listing looks like on Hotwire. I've found it for several dates, but it does not some up in the listings for the desired date.

I was just wondering, if it's possible that it might show up as we get closer to the date, and they possibly add more inventory for that date, or.....are you usually out of luck once the stock is replinished for a particular date?

Are there any tricks on ways to get a hotel to come up for a certain date?

Basically, you can't make a hotel show up if they're not offering rooms for your date.

You can try with all different permutations, ie 1 guest, 2 guests, 2 guests w/2 kids, but if they're busy and don't have enough rooms to warrant discounting, there's nothing you can do.

If you have IDed the icons, all you can do is keep watching and see if it turns up. You could also try LMT and other engines that offer some discount. Finally, if you really want that hotel, you can try to get a AAA, advance purchase or loyalty club discount.

Basically, you can't make a hotel show up if they're not offering rooms for your date.

You can try with all different permutations, ie 1 guest, 2 guests, 2 guests w/2 kids, but if they're busy and don't have enough rooms to warrant discounting, there's nothing you can do.

If you have IDed the icons, all you can do is keep watching and see if it turns up. You could also try LMT and other engines that offer some discount. Finally, if you really want that hotel, you can try to get a AAA, advance purchase or loyalty club discount.

Gallus, thanks for the reply. What is LMT?

• 3 weeks later...

You can also try Hotels.com. They're good for last minute deals and aren't opaque. I think they're even running a 50% off promotional for bookings made in June? Not 100% sure on that but think I saw a commercial for it recently.

Adversity is like a flame, it melts the weak and tempers the strong.
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]