Priceline Hotel: Resort St. John Westin

monika
By monika,
in

I'm looking for some bidding strategy for the only resort on St. John, USVI. I know from reading this is the Westin. Here's what I've bid so far...

5/13 bid $125 - Tried for the heck of it, rejected :)

Waited 72 hours.

5/16 bid $175 - Rejected

My next bid will not be until Thursday, do you suggest I go in $5 incraments or $10?

Also, does anyone know about the $72 Airport Transfer program the hotel offers as well as the $20 resort fee? What's the difference? Does everyone pay the $20 fee even if you elect the $72 tranfer? I have never been to either St. Thomas or St. John so any advice on transportation from St. Thomas airport to the Westin on St. John is greatly appreciated.

I didn't quite understand it all until now, thank you.

I went in and re-bid adding St. Thomas to my bid.

I bid $180 Resort and it was not accepted. I believe St. Thomas is the only other place in the re-bid zone. Unless you have any other suggestions, I'll have to wait 72 hours to rebid?

My thought would be to bid St. John for $190 and then add St. Thomas for $200. Your thoughts?

Bid $190 Resort, St. John 6/27/05 - 6/30/05, bid rejected

Re-bid adding rebid zone.

$200 Resort, St. John & St. Thomas 6/27/05 - 6/30/05, bid accepted.

Just an interesting additional note as I was watching the Hotwire price for this hotel as well, I noticed that the price on Hotwire was $230 when I checked in the evening and it was $237 when I checked during the day. Makes me wonder if Priceline drops the accepted prices at night????? :)

Thanks for all your help!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]