IN Indianapolis Crowne Plaza Airport IND

petrel800
By petrel800,
in

MY: Winning Priceline Bid

Dates - 5/20/2011 - 5/23/2011

Arrived at the hotel after 11:30PM. The outside of the hotel was in decent shape, but it clearly showed a little age for what I would consider a 3.5*. Inside, the lobby was clean and well kept, much better appearance than the outside. Guest service at the desk was nice. She originally tried to put us in a room with two queens, I politely requested a room with a King which she complyed with, unfortunately, when we got to the room it was a handicap room (not a huge issue, you usually just wind up with very little sink space in the bathroom). Hotel is 100% non smoking.

Inside of the room was nice, plenty of space. The bed was firm and comfortable. The linens were clean and soft. Plenty of pillows, could have used a few more towels. TV was a flat screen, typically channel package.

Location was perfect for our trip, only a few miles from Indianapolis Motor Speedway, and not far from downtown Indy (roughly 10 minutes in). Also, even though the hotel is very close to the airport, I heard very few planes due to the heavy construction of the hotel.

Here are my list of negatives . . . 1. First night, our neighbors seemed to be a room full of kids. While I can't blame the hotel for their behavior, the hotel was slow to react to my call to the desk about the noise. I eventually had to put my clothes on around 1:30 AM to go down to the desk to complain. Problem was solved immediately, and we had no noise issues the second night. 2. Towels were a little dingy, clean, but probably needed to be replaced from the rotation. 3. All the pillows were the little square pillows, I guess I fail to recognize what is wrong with your run of the mill normal pillow. 4. There is an indoor pool in the lobby that at times smelled of Chlorine (you could only smell it in the lobby), and since it was heated, the lobby temp was above normal.

Overall, negatives aside, I would stay at this location again. It's location is nice, the inside of the rooms were fine, and there was plenty of parking. Definitely worth the $43 / night.

FYI, if you stay close to the above dates, be aware, there is a good amount of construction on the I465 loop in the area of the hotel. We were forced down an exit due to a closure and had to detour back. Not a hotel issue, just an FYI.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]