Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Chicago (Hoffman Estates) La Quinta

valencia
By valencia,
in

After starting bidding tonight too low, and failing at bidding up to $40 for first a 3*, then a 2.5* and running out of free bids too quickly (day before bidding) to raise after the $55 counteroffer I got at $40.. I bought this 2.5* hotel on Hotwire.

Amenities were:

Complimentary Breakfast Fitness Center Pool(s)

High-Speed Internet Access

Total $118.00 including fees. The LQ website showed a senior rate for 2 rooms at about $123 without taxes ( which it never showed the total when looking). So probably only saved $15-$18 on TWO rooms. Not very exciting.

I do have a question I couldn't find the answer to. Chicago has many zones. Is there anyway I can pull all three zones ( suburbs, north, south ), together and use ALL the areas as options, thus improving my amount of free re-bids.. or can one only look at "suburbs" and bid on those and no others at the same time?

Fortunately, I also RE-CHECKED the star level for each area in the suburbs before my free rebids and Bloomingdale/Romeoville and Elmhurst had BOTH had a 3* hotel added to their listing making them no longer free re-bid areas for a 3* option elsewhere. For safety sake, I always start my free rebid with a fresh new bid, and the NON * area I am going to add to my bid.. just to make sure nothing has changed since the last bidding period.

Do you think it possible a free re- bid area could disappear during a day of bidding? I found this fairly frightening.

I used your HOTWIRE link here as well as the PRICELINE link when bidding and also the support page when searching for publicized rates. Thank you again for this website.

Congrats on your success. :)

Not a bad deal for this suburban LQ property.

You cannot pull different regions together, unfortunately; available re-bid zones can possibly change at any time.

Thank you for letting us know about the change in amenity set for this HOTWIRE property so that we can update the site's Hotwire Hotel List.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]