CA Los Angeles Ramada Inn Hollywood/West Hollywood

spiffycalgal
By spiffycalgal,
in

Hotwire rated this hotel a 3* and it is NOT a 3*. 2* would be much more accurate.

The hallways smelled of stale cigarette smoke. The hotel's elevators are old and rickety. It appears the rooms were last remodeled in the 1980's.

The building uses a master heating/air conditioning system and visitors have very little control over the temperature in their room. According to a note from the hotel manager, the hotel's system automatically turns on the heater when the outside temperature dips below 65 degrees. 65 degrees is not cool enough to run a heater!! We turned on a fan that blows hot air around and slept with the balcony door open so cool air would come in. There was no screen on the balcony door, so I'm surprised I woke up without any bug bites!

The beds were hard as a rock and the pillows were flat. The linens were a dingy yellow (I think they used to be white) and there were holes in the blanket.

The bathroom was awful. The sink had no counter space, so there was nowhere for me to lay out my makeup, toothpaste, toothbrush, etc. The hotel uses 1-ply toilet paper. The only redeeming quality about the room was it had good water pressure in the shower.

The hotel charges $9 for parking, which is totally unnecessary because there is plenty of street parking around the hotel.

• 1 month later...

:) This was a horrible hotel. It stank of cigarettes and was dingy and overpriced. The "breakfast" is scary, but not as scary as the neighborhood.

Do NOT walk to the Metro.

It is not a 3 star hotel. It is a converted motorcourt and Hotwire should be ashamed to offer it as a 3 star hotel.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]