Priceline Hotel: Regular weekday stays in DC - help with bidding

whipsaw
By whipsaw,
in

I'm going to be spending a few months traveling to DC during the week, typically a Monday through Thursday stay. I'd like to stay at a 3* or higher, and either near a metro or close enough that the hotel is likely to have a shuttle. It isn't important that I actually stay in DC. Can anyone give me some reasonable parameters of where to start my bidding? I see some really low rates won on here, but most of those stays are for weekends. Some weekday bidding help would be great - thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages and clicking this PRICELINE link... then reply to this thread and we'll comment on your post above.

Do you have your first travel dates set yet or are things just in the hypothetical/planning stages at this point?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Unfortunately rates for this first set of dates are quite high, and as you get further out of the 'city limits' there is less assurance that you'll be near a metro (or that the hotel will provide shuttle service)

I am seeing what i believe to the Hawthorn Suites Alexandria on HOTWIRE for $129/nite and Expedia indicates that the hotel does operate a shuttle to the metro station, would this work for your needs and/or budget for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

That's the thing, I'm trying to establish a budget for these stays. I don't really have one and I was hoping to get advice for the right parameters to start my bidding. It isn't essential that I'm near a metro, or that there's free parking, or anything like that. It's all relative and I am just looking for some starter info of what is the right ballpark to bid.

Washington DC is a very even driven hotel market.. if the city is quiet you may be able to get a 4* hotel in the heart of the city for $100 or less. However, if there is anything happening in town (and there is often something happening)... governmental meetings, conferences, protests, rallies, political events, etc, etc, it can quickly cause rates to skyrocket. So unfortunately i don't think you're going to find a reasonable range week-in/week-out, it will likely fluctuate greatly from one week to the next.

Unfortunately, for this first stay, rates are pretty high... in the 'decent' parts of the city you're probably looking at a 4* for ~$250, maybe ~$200 for the suburbs. Similar prices at the 3.5* level. At 3* something inside the city may go for ~$150 and outside of the city ~$120.

HOTWIRE does have a 3* hotel for your dates in the Dupont Circle zone for $165 which is highly rated (100% recommended by previous HOTWIRE guests and 4.0/5.0 from Tripadvisor) with Boutique and Internet icons. The Normandy Hotel has previously been seen with this amenity set and that would be my best guess for this one. If this is within your budget perhaps this would be a good place for the first stay since you should have easy metro access, and you can get a feel for the city and various areas for your future visitis.

If this is more than you were expecting to pay then you can consider the 3* Suite property in the Alexandria-Old Town zone for $135/nite.

Your thoughts?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]