Priceline Hotel: 3* Philadelphia (Downtown) Sheraton City Center

wjcassidy
By wjcassidy,
in

With time on your side i'd bid as follows:

At the 3* level you have ONE re-bid zone. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* Downtown...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55

If rejected wait 24 hours and re-try:

Select 3* Downtown...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65

If this too is rejected HOTWIRE has a 3.5* property in the City West-University zone which includes parts of PRICELINE's Downtown zone, but also extends further across the river (into PRICELINE's University Area zone)... could you accept a hotel in this area as well?

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes and keep us updated along the way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks, we'd like to stay in the downtown area preferably

I see a deal on LMT for 85$ -3.5* looks like the Crowne Plaza. I have never used LMT but from what I can garner this deal is refundable before 3 days.

I'm thinking maybe booking this, but I'm a little cautious as I would be a first timer to LMT. If I get something good through PL I can cancel the LMT reservation

Any info on Last Minute Travel and how it works?

You'll have to read the terms of the LMT property you're purchasing, but typically their terms are refundable before 3 days with a $25 cancellation fee. So for a 2 nite stay you'd have to be able to do at least $12.50/nite better thru PRICELINE / HOTWIRE to make the cancellation worthwhile, which may not necessarily be so easy to do on a ~$80/nite hotel room.

Have you tried any of the PRICELINE bidding above?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Not yet, Theruare, soon I will figure out my plan and start. I will definitely keep you posted.

I'm inclined to see if I start at 50$ for a 3* to see how I do, before booking the LMT offer.

I am heading to Philly for a graduation party. Do you know of any bid events in Philly that weekend?

There is a Library Convention from June 12th-15th, not sure if this will affect your bids, but since you have time and you can rebid every 24 hours without changing a star rating or zone, you can always open the bidding and increase it each day.

Here is my outcome for Philadelphia. I bid over the course of a few days, as you recommended, adding the one re-bid zone (4)

3* Downtown Philadelphia

50$- Rejected

Added rebid zone

55$-Rejected

next day-

3* Downtown Philadelphia

60$- Rejected

They countered that if I bid 75$ I would get a room

I then added Re-bid zone

68$- Rejected

Next day

3* Downtown Philadelphia

70$- WIN!!

6/11-6/13 - SHERATON PHILADELPHIA CITY CENTER

Although the reviews are mixed, I am sure this Hotel will meet our needs and I am quite pleased with the outcome.

Thanks as always for your help..

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]