CA Los Angeles Sheraton Gateway LAX

spiffycalgal
By spiffycalgal,
in

The Sheraton Gateway at LAX is beautiful (on the inside). Hotwire rates this hotel as a 4* which is right on target! The registration desk staff are very professional and friendly. The beds are super comfortable-- soft cotton sheets, a beautiful duvet, and great down or faux-down pillows.

The bathroom is very nice as well. They use regular soft light bulbs instead of fluorescent lighting, which is much more flattering. The shower's water pressure was rather weak.

The fitness center well equipped like a real gym, and the pool/hot tub is very clean. There are a couple restaurants and bars inside the hotel, along with a couple gift/souvenir shops.

I loved waking up and finding a complimentary copy of the Los Angeles Times at my door (I hate USA Today). I was very surprised by quiet the hotel is, considering it is right next to LAX. No airplane noise!

This hotel charges $10 for parking. Customers should look for (free) street parking along the street behind the hotel. The only restriction is no parking on Weds from Noon - 2:30 p.m. for street cleaning and it's a short walk around the corner to the hotel's entrance.

• 5 years later...

Stayed in mid Feb 2011 for one night. $76.

This is a very nice hotel in a very good location. Check-in staff were very nice and gave me complimentary in-house internet when I mentioned that we had quite a long wait for the shuttle at LAX. Used the shuttle again 3 more times that trip without incident.

Bedding is luxurious, real Sheraton 4* quality.

Good win at $80 and under.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]