Priceline Hotel: 2* Boston (Cambridge-Brookline) Holiday Inn

vholic
By vholic,
in

Hi thereuare, here's a new Priceline hotel for you.

Next week is a busy week in Boston because there's a SAP convention.

I tried 4* up to $100 rejected, 3* failed, 2.5* failed... each as a new bid.

Finally, 2* accepted at Holiday Inn Brookline.

Your Offer Price: $78.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $78.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $17.70

Total Charges: $95.70

Then I found out an hour later that it's the wrong date. I will fly overnight, so the date should be 5/17 and not 5/16! I called Priceline and here's what they told me:

1. Try to bid again with the correct date. I can add zone(s) or lower * level. I can raise the $ amount, but can't bid lower than $78.

2. If my bid is accepted, the wrong bid will be refunded in full.

3. If my bid fails, but they can see that at least I try, I will get a refund minus $25 penalty.

Well, I bid up to $93 for the correct date and got rejected, so I get a refund of $70.70.

Btw, Priceline customer service is pretty good in handling my problem. During phone call, CSR told me he's going to email me a form. Got the form a few mins later. Tried to bid again. Failed. Completed the form to request refund. Got an email approval the next day. Oh yeah, in each email exchange, they emphasize that this is a one time only exception.

Thank you for the report (and new hotel to add to the list).

Nice to see Priceline Customer Service come thru for you in this instance... they often get a bad rap, hopefully things are changing for the better (one can hope!)

Note to others reading: Priceline's "one time exceptions" seem to be luck of the draw whether or not they will grant you one, so don't expect it to happen.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well, I bid up to $93 for the correct date and got rejected, so I get a refund of $70.70.That was a low bid compared to the rates for 5/17.  Since you were unsuccessful, do you have a backup plan?

Amerisuites in Medford is showing a best available rate of $119

thenewbie, yes I do. I found a Best Western for $127, located between BU & BC. Both are the schools that I will be visiting next week. It's not cheap, but most hotels in Boston (not suburbs) are sold out. BW has the perfect location and a free breakfast, so I decided not to go up higher with Priceline.

thereuare, realizing the mistake, I had prepared to lose the whole thing. You're right, as a general rule, we have to understand and agree that Priceline's reservation is non-changable, non-cancelable.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]