Priceline Hotel: Anchorage airport hotel

Jshappy
By Jshappy,
in

Hi I would like a bidding strategy for an airport hotel for this Sunday 5/15. My daughter and I are flying into Anchorage arrival at 1 a.m. and need a place to sleep pre-cruise. Unfamiliar with anchorage hotels, know they seem somewhat pricey (for Anchorage) would like something close to the airport preferably sith 24 hr airport shuttle. TIA :)

Hotiwre may be an better option for your for this stay.

The Priceline zone for this area is quite large whereas Hotwire subdivides this same area into three smaller areas, one of them being an "airprot zone". If you

If you do a HOTWIRE search you'll see a 3.5* hotel coming up for ~$78, a shuttle icon is shown but there are no guarntees that it will run 24 hours a day (you can't be assured of this thru any opaque booking). My best guess is that this the Millenium Hotel and if so Expedia states that they do offer 24 hour shuttle service.

If you're new to Hotwire you can use GIFTCARD06 in order to get an additional $10 off this stay.

Given your parameters i think the above is your best bet.

Let us know what you decide to do, if you go with the above please use this HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You might consider making a 2* bid on Priceline. I saw elsewhere that the 2* Ramada Downtown was won by someone for just $35 for 5/15. They have a free airport shuttle, although I don't know how long it runs. You could call before bidding.

There are 2 other 2* hotels that have come up on Priceline, a Holiday Inn and the Coast International Inn. The Coast has a 24 hour airport shuttle. The Holiday Inn appears to be no longer in business.

So if you you're getting in late and just need a halfway decent place to get a quick night's sleep at a great rate, I would recommend putting in a $35 Priceline bid at 2* as the way to go.

I'm seeing a 2* on HOTWIRE for $60 ($50 with giftcard06 promotion) with airport shuttle and free breakfast, although it could be any one of several possibilities of varying quality.

I think the 3.5* is highly likely to be the Millenium as that hotel is disclosed under the vacation packages and the icons match exactly. Mixed reviews for it on Tripadvisor, although the Frommers people think very highly of it.

I booked the Holiday Inn express for AAA rate of $89 , 24 hr shuttle and cont. breakfast. Had enough priority points for a free stay and there's rooms available and they won't let me use them. This place seems to get good reviews. Maybe I could get something a bit cheaper but this seems like a sure bet. It seems to me the risk factor plus pricelines fees make me only want to book priceline when I feel like I'm getting a deep discount. Thanks for your help.

Holiday Inn Express is about 1 mile from the airport, and that is a very good rate for this time of year. 1/2 of the Anchorage hotels go up in price May 15th, the rest May 30th. $200 a night for a room in Anchorge in the summer (thru Sept 15 or 30th) is fairly the norm.

This Holiday Inn Express I have stayed at several times on last flight arrivals. They have a small 24 hour pool, nice breakfast items.

There is a restaurant right next door and also a Wendys, also a MacDonalds across the street.

Shuttle service is good and friendly staff.

I think you will be pleased with your stay

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]