Priceline Hotel: 3* Honolulu (Waikiki South) Waikiki Park Shore

Nounou
By Nounou,
in

This is a great board with a wealth of information! After literally spending hours reading here all Saturday and Sunday last weekend, I finally dared to use priceline for the very first time last Sunday night:

I used the UK site, as I'm currently in Germany, I should have tried the Canada trick described in one of the threads here, but registering in the UK worked fine for me. The only hassle was the conversion between Pounds, EUROS and US$.

This is what I did:

Started with Waikiki South and 26 pd (about 48 US acc. to Oanda), rejected

Added Ihilani with 28 pd (about 52,50 US), rejected

Added Airport with 30 (about 56.50)

So I'll try again tonight.

I saw the Waikiki Shore sell for 48-50 US. Not a really good property, but for that price acceptable, I wont be in the room much. I read the Radisson also sold for around 56-58, this would be my preference.

Looking for some advise:

What should I do start with a low rate like 48 again?

Or right away with 58?

If the Shore wasn't available then, it won't be now, right? I want to avoid to overbid. :)

My max is 60, as I have a fallback reservation for 64 US at another property, which I can cancel until Saturday without cancelation fees. It is a 3 star (Waikiki Resort), but as I've been told even worst than the Waikiki Shore. So I'm trying to optimise.

Also my stay is rather long 19-27th. Will I need to split it in two?

Thanks in advance for any advise coming from the old pros out there :)

Nounou

Hi,

thanks for your answer.

Yes it is the 19-27th MAY.

As I said, I would accept to get the Shore, but not at 58. So not quite sure how to answer your question.

Anyway, I tried again and had my bids refused.

Thus I split from 19-25th May and this time the search engine went further trough right at 48.

But it blocked because of the credit card, asking me to double check the credit card.

It seems the system does work with neither of the two VISA's I have. Bummer.

I'm sure I could have got it, because it never even bothered with my credit card information on my earlier bids.

Not sure what to do, I don't have my account in the States anymore.

Any advise?

Nounou

PS and by the way, I tried to use savingsbarn to make my booking and the site seems to be down, so I had t go directly to priceline.

Tried my luck again, using the "Canada trick", but on the US website, as the UK website rejected my card and CS said there was nothing they can do.

:)

bid 48 for 19-27th, rejected

added Ihilani bid 50 rejected

split 19-25th bid 48 and got it

Your Offer Price: $48.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 6

Subtotal: $288.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $45.49

Total Charges: $333.49

then bid 25-27th 48 rejected added Ihilani 50 rejected added airport 52 rejected

I still have my fallback reservation, hence no worries for me.

I know others were dissapointed, but I'm quite happy with the Park Shore, it seems to be better than the Waikiki Resort, according to the reviews.

And as this time savingsbarn worked, the support for this site worked out as well.

Thanks for all the help.

Nounou

edited to include info on taxes and fees

Congratulations on your winning bid.... glad to see you have success.

Rates are not high for 5/17-5/19... you could try to bid again for just those two dates on their own and see if you can still beat your back-up reservation.

Thanks for keeping us udpated on your bidding.

Have a great stay and trip to Hawaii.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The 25th is within typical acceptance amounts, the 26th is just a tad higher (but maybe this hotel's cut-off point?).

If you don't get the 25th and 26th you may want to try the nite of the 25th alone, given that we have never seen any other 3* hotels in this area accept at such a low bid amount.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Not quite sure what you mean with just a tad higher?

Are you referring to shop and compare, where the difference is only 2$ between these days (999 vs. 101)?

given that we have never seen any other 3* hotels in this area accept at such a low bid amount.

Wow, so as a newbie I can pride myself not having made any newby mistakes, plus securing on of the lowest bids in that ares.

Sounds like a compliment. Hey, I'll just take it as one.

:)

Thanks

Nounou

Wohoo, got the 25th now as well, also for 48

Your Offer Price: $48.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $48.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $13.16

Total Charges: $61.16

However not the 26th, although I went up to 58 now. Ran out of rebids.

Will have to try again Monday. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Nounou

Excellent! Glad you tried it.

Since as of now you'll be switching hotels the last nite anyway, i would consider increasing your bid for the last nite up to the point of your current back-up reservation. I'm assuming your back-up is at late $70 or so, and given this property is only $109 on their own website, it may ultmately be worthwhile booking the last nite direct... not having to change hotels may or may not be worth an extra $30 or so (depending upon your back-up reservation cost).

Actually Expedia has this for $5 less than the hotel's website, so booking thru them is a few dollars cheaper even after their fee is included (and helps support this board :) ). Travelocity"]Travelocity can also be used which is another $1 cheaper, but i didn't look at their 'after taxes and fees' figure.

Thanks but I'm not able to find it on either of those sites. It seems the hotel is fully booked.

For the remaining night I had gone up to 58 and did not get anything. Thus I suppose it's just not available.

Same for the nights of 28-31st.

Hmmmm. I still have my fallback reservation for those dates, it's just a shame to have to move for one day and then again for another day (I will attend a wedding on the north shore and spend 27-28th there)

Nounou

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]